Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bosses!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just needed a rant really, fair enough i know how difficult it is being the boss and everythng, but my dad rang in for me this morning because i weren't very well, im only 16, thats why i still rely on my dad a lot, but thats not the point, and apparently he was really arsy with my dad when he said i couldnt go in, asking what was wrong in a really arsy attitude, i know he gets mardy when people are off ill, but ive only been off three times since ive been there and one of them was booked off! ive been there almost a yr, i can't help bein ill, he'd moan even more if i went a puked all over the till lol.

n e ways, just needed a moan lol

Comments

• Options
    Well you should ring up really, you signed the contract not your Dad!

Bopz
  • Options
    Maybe because that day a few others had gone sick.

In all the years I've been working I've had about 3 sick days :)
  • Options
    I think you can only get someone to talk for you if there are circumstances where u are unable to speak. Otherwise in your contract, you have to report to your employer every day via the phone to let them know how u are and when you can return to work. I use to have a female boss and once i called in sick to go to homelands dance festival, i got someone else to answer my phone when she rang all she could of probably heard was judge jules in the background blasting out tunes.. after that she tried to ring on private number to catch me out but i was to clever..silly people. Power trips and favourtism in the workplace..dont u jus hate it, arse lickers are the ones u want to avoid bigtime.
  • Options
    Im afraid to say that everyone hear is right.
    If ever you are ill you must ring up yourself. This might sound not very nice but your almost an adult and you must be responsible for your self...Sorry, but its true.
    Try to look at it from your bosses perspective. He/she will be wanting to know when your going to be well again, and back in work as while your off, there will be extra work, not only for your boss but for your work mates too!:rolleyes:

On the other side of things, your boss had no right to be rude to your dad. Your boss should have simply but firmly asked that you should call yourself. There is no excuse for rudeness!

Anyway, hope your better soon.;)