Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How soon?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How soon do you start revising for exams? I have my GCSE's in about 9weeks, i find it hard to revise, but is it the right time to revise now?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yes! do it now! 2 years is a lot of work to fit into nine weeks!
  • Options
    :nervous:
  • Options
    I was told a couple of weeks ago that 'people' recommend starting revision about six weeks before your exams - that way you aren't stressing out for months before, but aren't cramming it all in at the last minute. But it depends what you're comfortable with, really.

Just don't leave it til the last minute. It's really not worth it. I'm sure you know that already, but it's all too easy to say 'I'll start tomorrow/at the weekend/next week/when study leave starts'. :)
  • Options
    Work out how much you need to learn, and then work out how long it's going to take to learn it. So, give yourself a week for each subject, maybe? A day per topic?

For my IB's, I did about 6 weeks revision for two years worth of material, and it wasn't long enough. An extra two or three weeks would have been ideal. Always leave yourself days off, and time to go over those extra-hard topics you never really understood in the first palce.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Always leave yourself days off, and time to go over those extra-hard topics you never really understood in the first palce.

erm, all of them? lol.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The recommended (and what I've been told in year 11) is 6-8 weeks.

Dont do what I did. Try and revise EVERYTHING in ten minutes :no:
  • Options
    well i started tonight properly, sooo i got 9weeks to do it, an if i do it bit by bit, i should be ok, and not get stresed too much (which i do,very easily:rolleyes: )