Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

business studies at uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi
Im wanting to do something business studies based at uni and am looking for advice - can anyone suggest which might be preferable

busniess management
business + marketing
business and retail
or just plain ole business studies

so confused! Becuase i like all of business studies (although the maths aint so brill)

i like the sound of the third but a few people have said that it is useless when you come out at the other end
Also anyone wanna recommend a uni that they did business studies at?

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hope you mean entry to Sept 2005 as the UCAS deadline is way gone for this year!
    The buissness courses are full of a lot of foreign people (not that thats relavent) and personally I dont see the point in the degree, but if it's what you want to do go do it.
    Look on the Times newspaper website for tables, I know Cardiff is high up there. It all depends what grades your going to get and it what subjects really.

But what is the obsession with buissness? Why not do something urm more urm worthwhile? The buissness student in my flat spends his whole life broke and doing no work!

Bopz

P.S. Excuse spellin I cud never spell buissness and I dont mean to offend anybody :)
    Do economics instead.
    Don't do economics it's hard.
    i do french and management. the management bit varies in difficulty. the marketing module is really interesting, human resource not bad but the economics and accounting were quite hard.
    i spose it depends what you're interested in. have you looked on the uni websites? they usually give some detail on what each course entails.

edited to add: have you thought about doing a joint honours course? (where you do 2 subjects)
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    But what is the obsession with buissness? Why not do something urm more urm worthwhile?
    i kind of agree with this but business is quite an interesting topic. if it wasn't for doing french as well though i don't think a business degree on it's own would be that impressive. i did chose to do it however because i didnt want to spend ALL my time learning french.
    Im a business student. Its actually accounting and bus etc... very long name. We are the hardest working lot! never stop! yes theres maths, quite alot too but its up to you.

Im in shef as we speak!
    Why does everyone doing a degree think they do the most work out of everybody? Havent found a person yet who thinks they do less work than everyone else even if BOTH of their lectures are in a row.......... :eek2:

Bopz
    My business degree was easy, I didnt really have to work that hard, well untill the second half of the last year, you shouldnt have that many hours in Uni.

I did a Business and Accounting HND then did the last year of a Business Studies BA.

I wouldnt recomend Marketing, its bollox, its just common sense but you have to put it in rubbish terms and phrase it in the right way. Accounting is much easier, you either have it right or wrong and you can see that. The marketing and HR bits are much more subjective and I cant be arsed with that.
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    Why does everyone doing a degree think they do the most work out of everybody? Havent found a person yet who thinks they do less work than everyone else even if BOTH of their lectures are in a row.......... :eek2:

Bopz

I was an observation via everyone else. For some reason my course leaders make us do a hell of a lot more than the others. Oh well!
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Don't do economics it's hard.

have some ambition :rolleyes:

Try business economics.:
    Depending on the uni it wont matter anyway you'll have a choice of course choices anyway!
    I am gonna do a degree in business administration once I have completed my HND at college.