Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hippy at heart....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know the 60's are dead but I was curious to know if anyone is a hoppy at heart.....

I am, im a vegeterian (tempted into becoming vegan) whos dead set against leather, animal testing, the cutting down of the rainforests and basically the government.

Anyone else going to admit to being a hippy at heart?

Comments

• Options
    Nope, definitely not a hippy. In my experience, even those who claim to be a bit of a hippy, or dress and look the part, are most definitley not hippies. It's just a look/style/fashion that people use to try to say something about themselves.
  • Options
    lol so wats a hippy to u wobble?

Im not saying its a gd thing or owt, more of a funny thing: m8's and family av a laugh about it saying ill be tieing myself to trees etc.
  • Options
    a couple of my distant relatives live like a couple of dirty hippies out i spain, jus laze about, no jobs and smoke weed all day (paid for from a buissness they had and sold)

dont think there much into the whole eco-warrior thing though
  • Options
    Re: Hippy at heart....
    Originally posted by solid_L
    I am, im a vegeterian (tempted into becoming vegan) who's dead set against leather, animal testing, the cutting down of the rainforests and basically the government.
    Well I'm veggie, I don't buy leather but it's wasteful not to use what I already have, I'm against animal testing on cosmetics and where there is an alternative, hate the way we treat the environment and don't like the current govt. but I am not anarchist or anything!
  • Options
    l was a hippy and still carry some of it with me. the dream was self sufficiency on a piece of land thats yours ...growing weed and living in peace. i can't remember one single hippy from those days who was a veggie ...
  • Options
    No.. i love the city, steak, my collection of leather boots, synthetic material.. the list of un hippyness goes on.

Although, i do have a GORGEOUS hippy-stylee jumper from Camden, its a one off (apparantly) :D but i could never be a hippy!

I am against animal testing (for cosmetic purposes) and im pretty anti authority but that doesnt make me even a millionth of a hippy!
  • Options
    I don't think I'm a hippy, I have hippy friends, but I'm not a vegetarian, i'm not against animal testing and I have a leather coat.
    But I'm not fond of the government or cutting down of so much of the rainforest, there are lots of plants that can cure diseases that are being destroyed before being studied.
  • Options
    oh yea, i'm a hippy. 100%
  • Options
    oh, fine you have squezed it out of me.

i used to live in glastonbury, and yes i am a bit of a hippy

there you go

this weeks confesion over and done with
  • Options
    free love!!!!!!
    *dances around*
    you mena we have to PAY for it in this age???????????
    omg
    no wonder I ahve so mcuh trouble
    so you're saying I have to hand this fifty to a bloke? and then what?
  • Options
    You get your pick out of a wide variaity of different desises in lots of different colours and textures

yes i know very well how badly that was spelt
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    l was a hippy and still carry some of it with me. the dream was self sufficiency on a piece of land thats yours ...growing weed and living in peace. i can't remember one single hippy from those days who was a veggie ...

My friend calls me a posh hippy as my accent is apparently Londonish (cockney? It sounds posh for wrexham) and I'm all in to nature and loving animals and sustainability. However people call me a 'gothic' in the way that I dress. :confused:

One day I'd love a country house and some animals to raise and maybe I'll farm my own vegetables. Would be wonderful. :)
  • Options
    cool, i want my own plot of land now
  • Options
    My biggest regret is becoming a city dweller at the age of 12. up til then I'd led a rural life. But I am still a hippy at heart I guess, though I do wash thank you very much.
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    cool, i want my own plot of land now

GET AN ALLOTMENT!!
  • Options
    lol id feel like that girl off corrie who drugged all the old biddies :lol:

Hmm an allotment, interesting concept. But wigan isn't exactly the driest place on the map, so I'd av to spend half my time drying off wen i get indoors