Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...is pink! Seriously... I didn't mean to... I did a strand test and it was kinda dark purple and I liked it. I left it for 25 mins and all but.................................................. aaaaaaaaaargh! Help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good excuse to wear a funky hat ;)
    Get the peroxide on it and bleach it blonde.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Get the peroxide on it and bleach it blonde.
    Hmmm... nope, preferring Bri-namite's hat idea!
    *doesn't see the problem*

:p
    hope its not like kelly osbornes old 'do :nervous:
    you probably didnt leave it on long enough - 25 minutes is nothing. i had my pink dye on for over 7 hours
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    you probably didnt leave it on long enough - 25 minutes is nothing. i had my pink dye on for over 7 hours
    The bottle said 25 minutes... *sulk*
    do you have any dye left? you could re-do it. i would have thought pink hair is nicer than purple though...
    Originally posted by lipsy
    do you have any dye left? you could re-do it. i would have thought pink hair is nicer than purple though...
    No, you have to throw it away when you've mixed it ('cos of bleach and stuff, I think). But it was supposed to be dark, burgundy kinda, it would have been OK.
    i had pink hair for almost a year and a half....nowt wrong with it....tho if your a 6'5 bloke like me then it will take u a while to adjust to the funny looks you get, hehe
    Put on a hat, go to a hairdye shop and buy some more (you may want to try a different brand) and try try try again :)
    Re: My hair...
    Originally posted by piccolo
    ...is pink! Seriously... I didn't mean to... I did a strand test and it was kinda dark purple and I liked it. I left it for 25 mins and all but.................................................. aaaaaaaaaargh! Help!

I agree with Kaffrin, pink sounds good! But if you don't like it then Inwould advise you to go to the hairdresser... after my experience in January of spending probably close to £100 on dying my hair red, then back to blonde, then going to the hairdressers cos I'd cocked it all up. I wouldn't advise you to bleach it yourself unless you're very confident of what you're doing. Maybe as you're going darker, though, you can just find a darker dye and do it over the top? Not sure as the bleach might mess it up.
    It's all right, I decided it's not so bad!
    Bright pink actaul seems quite kool these days-
    KInda sexy on a vew girls I know- either way just leave it and see how it goes for a while unless ytou hate it!