Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Magic Mushrooms Questions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I`ve got 30g of wet mushies in, Thing is im not going to use them to next week how am i meant to store them to keep them fresh and not go weird or anything?

I got them in a tight container which im keeping under my bed my bedroom is never too hot or too cold so would that be ok?

Also whats the difference between them and truffles which is stronger? does the high last longer or shorter then truffles?

cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Theyre not going to go bad.. keep them under your bed, did you want to keep them wet for legal reasons?

If you dry them out they wont taste as bad!

(plastic tupperware, gauze made into a table with the shrooms on top and silica underneath the gauze making sure that the shrooms dont touch the silica)
    oh no im not worried about the law im consuming these babys ;)

i was just making sure how i was storing em would be ok because i not had any dealings with proper magic mushrooms before.

Cheers anyway minxy
    ;) well my fella never used to store them wet we used to dry them out so i dont know, just keep them cool and dark. Like your doing.
    put them in a paper bag to dry out ...trouble is they then become illegal. easier to use though.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    put them in a paper bag to dry out ...trouble is they then become illegal. easier to use though.

ok how long would it take for them to dry out mate?
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    ok how long would it take for them to dry out mate?
    few hours ...much more pleasant to use as well. the taste etc. dried ones go well on an omelette. or just straight down your neck. have a nice trip. they should dry out overnight.

thats not really the most efficent way!
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    speak up then girl! i don't know about efficient just what we used to do ...put 'em in a paper bag and they dry nicely.

Yeah, I learnt the hard way that plastic bags/newspaper turns your 'shrooms into a horrible sweaty mess. :p

Best way to dry them out is to put them on a baking tray and leave them in the airing cupboard overnight, works a treat! :thumb:
    How long can you leave shrooms not in the fridge before eating them would be pointless?
    speak up then girl! i don't know about efficient just what we used to do ...put 'em in a paper bag and they dry nicely.

i said what i think is the most efficent way.. dont know if theres better ways

too many people like to stick theres in the oven :eek2:
    how much do shrooms cost? me and my m8 r gonna do em but wer cheap. we know wer to get em but we dnt want to go to get em and not hav enough money.
    It depends on how much the shop (or person) wants to charge. Its common for it to be around £20 a box, but how much is in teh box does vary.

It also might vary due to where the shop is based i guess...

Just go to the shop or person, and ask, because we cant really tell you how much it will cost. But id be expecting to pay £20 for a box each if i were you. I *think* thats 30g wet near my fellas house. Could be very wrong.
    i said what i think is the most efficent way.. dont know if theres better ways

too many people like to stick theres in the oven :eek2:

Also... some people wrap them in loo roll to dry out. That probably works just as well as a paper bag.
    Also... some people wrap them in loo roll to dry out. That probably works just as well as a paper bag.
    i've heard og people putting them in the oven or under the grill but i would imagine it fucks them up a bit. plastic bags are a no no.
    Yea, Id rather throw them away than put them in the oven..

You want to draw out the mositure not cook them, the silica gel one is the one thats worked best in the past from what i hear, thats the only method we used but others used all sorts, and didnt seem to work too well. As long as the shrooms dont touch the silica gel. Thats important.

Mind you, id never buy them in the first place. They dont seem to want to have an effect on me, which is boring.
    Hmmmm still havent a fuckin clue on how im gonna get round it!!

suppose sticking them on a baking tray and leaving them on that overnight or 2 days would that work?

i would do the airing cupboard suggestion but with me living at home in a anti drugs house means i dont think my parents would like it if i say "dont put any clothes in the airing cupboard i got my magic mushrooms in there CHEERS :hyper: " :lol:

surely if i left them out on the baking tray for say a couple of days they will dry out? i hope to fuck they do.... they`d be manky to eat wet they look it anyway......
    Just eat them now digital :D

How long can they be left in a cupboard or drawer for without going off?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Just eat them now digital :D

How long can they be left in a cupboard or drawer for without going off?

God its so tempting but i dont wanna eat them on my own, i would be on 1 in a good way but it wouldnt be the same as losing the plot with mates.

Thats what i wanna know too when do they go off?
    I know, me and a handful of friends are doing them in a couple of weeks, it should be a laugh...everyone on them.

Yea, come on..someone is bound to know when they go off, i'm sure bongbudda will know.
    I know, me and a handful of friends are doing them in a couple of weeks, it should be a laugh...everyone on them.

Yea, come on..someone is bound to know when they go off, i'm sure bongbudda will know.

I reckon providing you keep them in a cool dry place they should last for a few weeks?

Last time i was thinking of funny shit in my head and laughing like a madman i cant wait to be going through that again next weekend will be class.
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    I reckon providing you keep them in a cool dry place they should last for a few weeks?

as far as i'm aware they'll last months once dried out.
    once fully dried put them in an airtight container.
    When they are wet you have all the problems of any vegatable really, it will rot because the bacteria in it have the sugers and water they need.

However after you dry them then it is much harder for the bacteria to grow, thus making them last a lot longer. Thats why things packed in salt last ages because they are super dried out.

If however you are having problems drying them out, and if you make a mistake with this you will loose potency. You could stop the rotting process in another way by stopping air getting to them. This can be done by putting the mushies in honey. This way the bacteria can not get in there and they will last, they will also taste nicer. However they will be messy to eat.
    ok, i think its time i dry these babies out then! will be using them on saturday night! i`ll dry them out then put in air tight container until the night....
    I'm not going to bother with drying them out or anything.

Whenever i'm getting them they will be ate that day, fresh.
    I left them to dry out for about 18 hours they look like they have shriviled (sp) up smaller and gone black are they still ok? :confused:

they are the mexicana mushrooms.
    Mexicina mushrooms, they are the one's i'm getting, whenever i get them i'm eating them within a day.
    Mexicina mushrooms, they are the one's i'm getting, whenever i get them i'm eating them within a day.

its weird cos i got 20g but there dont seem to be a awful lot to eat, i thought you had to eat loads of mushies to get any kind of effect
    Well you'll soon find out.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Here is theSite's info about magic mushies, and this page from Erowid.org has almost too much information to absorb at once. It may help answer your question about dosage. Better to take a small amount to begin with an see what happens than to end up having an unpleasant, and possibly dangerous experience.