Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Prednisolon DAK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got these pills prescribed by my doctor against the swelling which occur due to my arthritis. They're of 5mg, and also known by the nameglukokortikoid.
I was wondering if anybody knew how much of these one should take during the day, as I can't remember how many times I need to take it, just that it's a pill a time (and I am not even sure of that).

If anyone could help me with this, I'd appericiate it dearly.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry cant help you but why dont you phone up your gp or local pharmacy pal x
    Doesn't the box of tablets have a label on it saying how often you should take them?i thought they had to have that by law :confused:
    As weewoman said, it's prob best for you to phone your gp and ask him/her, as sometimes different people have to take different doses of the same type of medication due to what the medication is being prescribed for.
    Hi Jacqueline, just thought I'd see how you're getting on with your arthritis? I guess you're having a bit of a bad time of it at the moment, if you're having to take steroids? I'm on methotrexate at the moment for rheumatoid arthritis, so know how rubbish it is. Hope you're ok, Tates x
    Originally posted by Tates
    Hi Jacqueline, just thought I'd see how you're getting on with your arthritis? I guess you're having a bit of a bad time of it at the moment, if you're having to take steroids? I'm on methotrexate at the moment for rheumatoid arthritis, so know how rubbish it is. Hope you're ok, Tates x

It goes better, but still have some swellings once in a while.
    Didn't have to use those pills after all though, which is good :)

Thanks for asking. I am on methotraxate at the moment too actually.