Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moraly wrong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was reading on the internet that theres a couple in wales (who happen to be brother and sister) in a relationship and have had a kid.

Now according to the law from what I know it's illegal for sister/brother to have a sexual relationship.

Personly I think it's wrong that people of such a close relation can have a sexual contact. Now do you think it's wrong for the goverment to stop these people having a relationship even if they feel so strongly about there feelings? Personly I don't like the idea of brother and sister in a relationship but isn't it against human rights to stop them from loving/being with each other?

your views?

Comments

• Options
    Yes it's disguisting, brother and sister.

Last week in the daily mirror there was a story about a man who as a young boy abused his sister when he was 13 and she was 8 and the abuse continued for 9 years, he got 10 years.

Personally i think this person should be locked up for more than 10 years, there is obviously something mentally unstable in his mind for him to do something like that...the sister never reported it for years and now he was middle aged, don't know exactly what age though, it shows he lived through his life with that secret..working and living his life while probably the girl was going through hell most of hers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Last week in the daily mirror there was a story about a man who as a young boy abused his sister when he was 13 and she was 8 and the abuse continued for 9 years, he got 10 years.

That was in a magazine I have. Then he got his mate and her other brother doing it aswell :eek2:

It's just not normal to fancy your brother/sister :yuck:
  • Options
    Go to Glasgow, it happens all the time there.

I could just imagine it now.

"Hey maw, wannae see ma new burd!"

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Go to Glasgow, it happens all the time there.

I could just imagine it now.

"Hey maw, wannae see ma new burd!"

ah so thats what happened to you!
    it all makes sense now!
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    ah so thats what happened to you!
    it all makes sense now!

Go away before I cry.
  • Options
    the more frightening thing is the fact that they had a baby-I mean the chances that the kid would have been born with some terrible mutation of a gene are very high-they're lucky if the child was ok. I could get all scientific but I've had enough of uni so I'll leave it at that
  • Options
    north wales and especialy angelsey are full of it. all the jokes about the welsh being inbreds is based on fact. it's the worst place in europe apparently for sexual abuse within families.
    why do you think there are so few surnames in wales?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    north wales and especialy angelsey are full of it. all the jokes about the welsh being inbreds is based on fact. it's the worst place in europe apparently for sexual abuse within families.

you wuh? i resent that! i'm from the normal, non-inbred part (eg south wales) we are all completely normal round here!!! it's other parts of wales you wanna worry about ;)
  • Options
    I think its wrong, mainly for the genetic implications, when the sperm and the egg connect there is a certain amount of genetic change, called crossing over. When very similar genes combine the amount of variation is severely limited, and genetic diseases that could be recessive if a different gene was in the place of the other person would be apparent, as their is no gene to overwrite it. Thats the bit I find most disturbing...
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    It's a very interesting subject the mind... Very easy to play tricks on, although this is another subject entirely, or is it?

*que the twilight zone music*
  • Options
    Interesting topic, but do you think it's right for the police/goverment to make it illegal to have sexual contact with other close relations?

Personly I hate the idea but if it's what they wan't then why stop them? Isn't it against human rights stopping them?
  • Options

YOU, morrocan roll , OUTSIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

shut it or ill shut it for u.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Interesting topic, but do you think it's right for the police/goverment to make it illegal to have sexual contact with other close relations?

Personly I hate the idea but if it's what they wan't then why stop them? Isn't it against human rights stopping them?

no because it's not an ordinary case of two people meet, fall in love, go out etc

because there is a very deep emotional bond involved it becomes easy to manipulate one of the parties. one of the siblings may convince the other its 'ok' because there is such an intense level of trust between them.

it's also kind of along the same lines as teachers + students - students trust their teachers so the teachers could abuse them easily.
  • Options
    all the jokes about the welsh being inbreds is based on fact. it's the worst place in europe apparently for sexual abuse within families.

we have a lot of it round here too, although it's mostly cousins marrying, which is legal.

apparently the most inbred place in the UK is the lovely castleford. doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by razer667
    YOU, morrocan roll , OUTSIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

shut it or ill shut it for u.

What are you going to shut for him?
  • Options
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    you wuh? i resent that! i'm from the normal, non-inbred part (eg south wales) we are all completely normal round here!!! it's other parts of wales you wanna worry about ;)
    'tis true. north wales is full of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    What are you going to shut for him?

most likely the door :p

don't mind James, he can be a bit weird :D but i love him, even if he offers to 'shut' it for people :heart:

:p love you really hunnie!!!
  • Options
    most likely the door :p

don't mind James, he can be a bit weird :D but i love him, even if he offers to 'shut' it for people :heart:

:p love you really hunnie!!!

so he's my competition eh? :chin: :p

dont shut me :( I'm joking
  • Options
    no because it's not an ordinary case of two people meet, fall in love, go out etc

because there is a very deep emotional bond involved it becomes easy to manipulate one of the parties. one of the siblings may convince the other its 'ok' because there is such an intense level of trust between them.

it's also kind of along the same lines as teachers + students - students trust their teachers so the teachers could abuse them easily.

Still There both of concenting age and both love each other as much as I think it's wrong I beloeve they can Be together if it's what they truely want.
  • Options
    Still There both of concenting age and both love each other as much as I think it's wrong I beloeve they can Be together if it's what they truely want.

one word; "ew"

Its sickening. You cant get 'love' in that way.
  • Options
    so he's my competition eh? :chin: :p

dont shut me :( I'm joking

yes he's your competition, and i'm afraid you haven't even crossed the starting line, he's won :p

but don't worry, i'll still talk to you ;):lol:

love you James :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    one word; "ew"

Its sickening. You cant get 'love' in that way.

I know it's Eww but just because it's wrong to us it's might be right to them. It's likes homosexuality in a way. just a little diffrent
  • Options
    yes he's your competition, and i'm afraid you haven't even crossed the starting line, he's won :p

pshhhhhhh :pdoing it for his security I understand :(

I'll still talk to you too :confused: :hyper: just because you have a cool name.
  • Options
    I know it's Eww but just because it's wrong to us it's might be right to them. It's likes homosexuality in a way. just a little diffrent

No, not at all.

Incest usually is in cases of rape it seems.
  • Options
    pshhhhhhh :pdoing it for his security I understand :(

I'll still talk to you too :confused: :hyper: just because you have a cool name.

good good :)

i like my name :D espec. the short version (Jemz) which is a random nickname which one of my lazy friends came up with :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well it isn't rape.. they love each other why shouldn't they be together?

it's wrong what they doing but if they want to do it they should, it should be there choise who they choose to be with? shouldn't it

plus there won't be any rows over the baby's surname:p
  • Options
    That was in a magazine I have. Then he got his mate and her other brother doing it aswell

It never said that in the paper.

Was it in County Antrim in Northern Ireland?

No, but a mentally disabled person is more likely to commit a crime than a physically disabled person.
  • Options

:eek2:

it sounds to me a lot like you are trying to justify incest.

it's not just 'a little different', it's morally and physiologically wrong. that's why it's illegal.
  • Options
    Well it isn't rape.. they love each other why shouldn't they be together?

it's wrong what they doing but if they want to do it they should, it should be there choise who they choose to be with? shouldn't it

plus there won't be any rows over the baby's surname:p

no because most of the time it's not love like you and i know it. they're coercesed into the relationship on the foundation of the sibling love/trust. it's not the same as romantic love.

hence it's illegal. I guess in some cases it's *possible* for them to meet each other (having never met one another before) and fall in love, and then it *may* be ok. But they may as well keep it quiet among themselves.

And it's rape not in the sense of a violent rape but with one of the parties being confused and coercesed into sexual relationships.
  • Options
    Well theres a good chance of things coming round to kick them in the ass, That kid will most likely have extreme mental disablities and Regressive Genetic Disorders, It's what happens when you inbreed.