Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you hate most about our society?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :yes: Personally... i dont believe that this is the main reason why, you cant pigeon hole it. Each person who commits suicide has their own reasons, and many of them at that.

But, that is what we have been told at college, and what society likes to consider the main reason.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I'm not having an identity problem. Yes, the old sterotyped gender roles are changing, but thats a good thing IMO.

I wasnt saying that men are having an identity crisis. I personally think its bull... But, many people these days do say that this is the case. Especially with teen working class males.
  • Options
    i wasnt saying it was the fault of women either, its almost all good that roles for men and women are becoming more flexible, but it seems little is done to stop the disenchantment of young teen working class males... hence the bad performance across the board in exams etc etc
  • Options
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85
    the young male suicide rate is the highest amonsgt all sex/age groups, and its mainly been linked to us not feeling like there is a position for us in society anymore...

Bring back national service ;)

I think that young People in general feel like there is nothing for them because they expect too much inthe first place instead of just getting on with life and all it's boringness.

Young people want everything on a plate but rarely get it so they feel hard done by...that and the fact that they need all that chemical intervention to make their life seem ok! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    How would learning to kill some one help the situation?

And of course there is the MASSIVE cost involved in National Service.