Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What do you hate most about our society?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with what dislikes have been said before, about the decline in moral standards, binge drinking, and badly brought up children - parents need to have firm control of their children. Also:

- How selfish people are, with an 'everyone for themself' attitude - it's infrequent that you see someone go out of their way to help someone else, so if it happens to you, feel lucky!
    - How you can choose to dislike someone based solely on appearance
    - The fact that the government are not doing too well at running the country, but there is no strong opposition to challenge them
    - That for the amount of tax people pay, there seems to be no direct benefit back
    - How unfair the justice system seems, with Life not meaning life
    - The lack of respect for figures that should have authority - doctors, police, teachers etc
    - How lax the whole country seems to be, with the government losing grip, police having less power and more bureaucratic paperwork
    - Overbearing political correctness
    - How more people seem unable to spell/use grammar properly

(Edited to add one more!)
    Originally posted by Braineater
    Feminazism, the misandrist wing of feminism.
    What's that?

Decline of manufacturing and no one seems to care.
    I care. I have a manufacturing Engineering degree and I can't get a job in manufacturing, so this has had a direct effect on me.
    Originally posted by BlackArab

Boy bands
    how could i forget this one! a bill should be passed banning such drivel.
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    What's that?

I care. I have a manufacturing Engineering degree and I can't get a job in manufacturing, so this has had a direct effect on me.

Feminazism/Misandry is "man-hating" in the same way misogyny is women hating.

The Government seems to want everyone to end up working in an office or a callcentre. They've ignored manufacturing and seem to be doing very little to help companies that are struggling. A lot of good jobs will be lost and replaced with nothing but McJobs. Here in Wales the Steel industry's all but gone and big companies are pulling out. There's call centre's (with staff on a quarter of the pay) being hurridly built only to have their jobs relocated to India!

We're happily told unemployments falling.

Labour, the party built on industry, couldn't give a shit.

:mad:
    How more people seem unable to spell/use grammar properly

Leave me be :p

Bopz
    The education system.
    Everyone under the age of the 10 wanting to be David Beckham/his wife.
    How 90% of 17 year olds I know are doing Psychology/Sociology when there is a great lack of teachers, doctors, nurses and policemen.
    Townies.
    Yob culture.
    The Black Panthers
    KKK
    BNP
    All prejudiced groups in fact.
    George Bush thinking he is king of the world.
    Most the Western World's leaders agreeing with him.
    Text talk.

And everything everyone else has said.
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    How 90% of 17 year olds I know are doing Psychology/Sociology when there is a great lack of teachers, doctors, nurses and

Are you going to be a teacher, doctor or nurse? No doctor, nurse or teacher will be a good one if they don't want to be in their job.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Are you going to be a doctor?

Hopefully. Failing that, I want to do Chemistry or Pharmacy so I can help people.

One of the people who I know who does Sociology does it because he "had nothing else to do and it sounds quite easy". Can you really justify a qualification in something

I didn't mean people should be forced into doing jobs like that but shouldn't we encourage children in that direction?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Not feeling safe, even in my own home.

Go back when I was a kid doors didnt have to be locked, churches didnt have to be locked.
    In todays society nobody is safe day or night.

Funny, still like that around here. I guess that people feeling insecrure is more the problem than actually not being secure...??

Anyway, what do I dislike?

• Intolerance
    • The media (I don't care if it's Murdoch or not, they are all scumbags IMHO)
    • Politicians who stand for nothing but the latest fad, bandwagon politics is not the way to run a country, too many knee-jerk reactions and self serving policies.
    • Reduced sense of "values" - honesty, integrity cost nothing but mean so much. The first words I taught my kids were please and thank you. Simple but effective.
    • People making judgments without the facts. The media lies to us and yet we make judgments based on that and don't listen to the facts
    • Which brings me to spin. Without that people might start listening... I could go on...

So I will
    • Boy bands. Actually not just them but manufactured pop in general. I want my musicians to be drugged up alcoholics who smash up hotel rooms womanise and abuse the media. Rock n roll style. And play your own instruments for fucks sake. Write your own music. Sing live, play live. Image is nothing unless you have the talent to back it up...
    • Organised religion. Taxation by another means.
    • Extremism. Not just religious, but polictical too.
    • Narrow minds. Be open to suggestion, you might realise that you were wrong about something.
    • Oh, and the ABUs. Anybody But United. Envy is not a pretty sight ;):p

Well, that's a start I suppose
    Snobs
    Hateful people (who hate people for no reason, even if they dont now them)
    Political correctness
    small minded people
    religious fanactics, who shove it in your face and wont listen to you when you tell them you dont want to be part of them
    teeny boppers
    teenagers snogging in public places
    homophobia, that old excuse 'what they do jus aint natural, innit'

mostly snobs though, really get on my tits how anyone could think there a better person than anyone else
    Obsessive and over - the - top political correctness.

The belief that respect is due without working for it. I believe that we should respect elders, peers etc anybody who is part of our community is entitled to respect from the second they are born. However, too many people dont try to prove they should be respected, dont respect others it seems and simply demand respect for themselves.

There is respect for human life, and then there is real respect. Too many people demand real respect without proving that they are deserving of it.
    Yes your right minxy, we should respect everyone, we all are humans.

But naturally enough we can't respect everyone.
    Feminazism/Misandry is "man-hating" in the same way misogyny is women hating.

Since when was feminism misandry? There are more than one type of feminist and they're not all hairy legged lesbians who hate men and play rugby. Fair enough you get radical feminists who want seperatist or matriarchal society, but you can't tar liberal feminists with the same brush.

Fem·i·nism - n
    1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
    2. The movement organized around this belief.

And to add to my list I'll put small mindedness, using the above statement as an example, unless of course I'm getting the wrong end of the stick with the comment. It annoys me how people pigeonhole or believe they have to polarise themselves from somebody else because of political or religious beliefs, skin colour or sexuality.

I mean who gives a toss? We're all human.

Materialism gets me down as it creates wars, poverty and violence towards the earth.

Ohhh and the media, how it seems to portray a 'beautiful' woman as being stick thin with a 'perfect' complexion and voluptuous breasts. Yet it tends to ignore the fact that maybe, just maybe there's something more to people than physical appearance and something more to life than material wealth.

Poverty too. Despite being relative, there does appear to be a cycle how working class kids end up growing in to working class jobs and privilidged children tend to be favoured in school and end up in better jobs.
    buerocracy
    the loss of the male role in society
    political correctness that makes you think,"just shut the f up")
    any one with discriminatory tendencies
    boy bands etc anything manufactured
    george bush (basically everything he's done, both foreign and domestic policies that a monkey could do a better job off), mayb he is a monkey, he looks like one
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Since when was feminism misandry? There are more than one type of feminist and they're not all hairy legged lesbians who hate men and play rugby. Fair enough you get radical feminists who want seperatist or matriarchal society, but you can't tar liberal feminists with the same brush.

I support feminism (political, economical, social and sexual equality for women) emphatically, but there are a minority of women who simply hate men full stop. Feminism is used as a shield by these chauvinists to make them feel as if they're doing the right thing. Those are the ones I was refering to. I didn't think I tarred all feminists with the same brush. Sorry if it came across that I did. :D
    Shogun.. yeah youre right but what i think i meant to say is that there are degrees of respect. Theres the respect that everybody deserves but then we are *told* to respect him her and whoever. Too many demand more respect without proving why they should have it.
    Why so pessimistic?
    I hate people who don't aim for a free world.
    We had this army dude in our PSHE (physical, social, health education) lesson the other day and he completely amazed me. He was so posh and the most intelligent man i have ever met. He was teling us how he was somewhere in Africa (i forget where) and he saw a man on the streets who was naked and had nothing. Nothing but what the world gave him when he enetered the world. Anyway the man from the army befriended him and talked to him everyday. Then he didn't see him for a month or two until he saw this skeleton of a man and it was the same guy. So he helped him giving him food and clothes. Then one day on his way to the embassy he saw this man laying face down in the road being eaten by a dog. It was the same man. So the army guy forgot what he was supposed to be doing and buried his friend.
    This is what we should aspire to be like. To create a world where we have the right to live, to have freedom of speech (which means having to learn to take a critiscism) and to have freedom from fear and want.
    If everyone aims for this same goal surely the world would be a better place. Forget those who say only one religion will suffice for the world to live in harmony. We need freedom.
    (wipes tear away)

That was beautiful!! ;) :cool: :lol:
    Originally posted by Super-human
    If everyone aims for this same goal surely the world would be a better place. Forget those who say only one religion will suffice for the world to live in harmony. We need freedom.

Thumbsup to ya babe :)
    Too many demand more respect without proving why they should have it.

This girl's got it right.
    Originally posted by Super-human
    Why so pessimistic?
    I hate people who don't aim for a free world.
    We had this army dude in our PSHE (physical, social, health education) lesson the other day and he completely amazed me. He was so posh and the most intelligent man i have ever met. He was teling us how he was somewhere in Africa (i forget where) and he saw a man on the streets who was naked and had nothing. Nothing but what the world gave him when he enetered the world. Anyway the man from the army befriended him and talked to him everyday. Then he didn't see him for a month or two until he saw this skeleton of a man and it was the same guy. So he helped him giving him food and clothes. Then one day on his way to the embassy he saw this man laying face down in the road being eaten by a dog. It was the same man. So the army guy forgot what he was supposed to be doing and buried his friend.
    This is what we should aspire to be like. To create a world where we have the right to live, to have freedom of speech (which means having to learn to take a critiscism) and to have freedom from fear and want.

yea its all good saying that but realistecly, that'll never happen
    Originally posted by Shogun
    This girl's got it right.

why thank you

* bows *
    Originally posted by turlough

the loss of the male role in society

Fair enough the male role is declining, but isnt that a good thing? Isnt it be better not to be pigeon holed into having a certain role? If the male role was still going as strong as it was 50 years ago. Id hate to be a woman.
    We've never had it so good, we really havent, we're living longer, our incomes are going up...etc. the list goes on. Yet no-one seems to notice and be happy for what they have got. That pisses me off.

There was NO golden age!

Personally I dont like the drinking culture, that scares me, the amount and the style of consumption is very dangerous.

Drug culture also scares me, its very much about getting as fucked as you can, a dangerous persuit.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

There was NO golden age!

:yes:

It was a myth, created by rich bitch middle classes.
    When you go places and you see proper poverty, people who really are at the bottom rung of the ladder it does put focus on how good things are here.
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Fair enough the male role is declining, but isnt that a good thing? Isnt it be better not to be pigeon holed into having a certain role? If the male role was still going as strong as it was 50 years ago. Id hate to be a woman.

the young male suicide rate is the highest amonsgt all sex/age groups, and its mainly been linked to us not feeling like there is a position for us in society anymore...
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85
    the young male suicide rate is the highest amonsgt all sex/age groups, and its mainly been linked to us not feeling like there is a position for us in society anymore...

Ive heard that too, learned about that in sociology actually, but, and i know its very harsh of me to say ~ so what?

If we were to go back in time so men could have their roles as they did before.

Women would be faced with work as shop assistants, care workers and housewives. Brilliant.

Many men dont think they dont have a role anyway. Manual labour is still considered mans work, men are more likely than women to be managers and bosses of larger companies, men still see themselves as breadwinners and men have it easy in comparrison, there arent glass celings in terms of promotion for men, this isnt true for women.

If men are having an identity crisis then thats their problem.

I know i sound like such an ignorant bitch but, there you go.
    Thats a very spurious link, there are loads factors as to why males are killing themselves.
    I'm not having an identity problem. Yes, the old sterotyped gender roles are changing, but thats a good thing IMO.