Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Legal and binding documents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know where i can get FREE legal and binding documents to copy online?
I need a letter to safeguard myself and if i could copy a professional one then there is less chance of there being any loopholes in it.
I have done a search but got taken to sites where they wanted credit card details.....nah I want it free :D

Comments

• Options
    *Bump* :D

I really, really need this info today cos im going to be away for a couple of weeks and will have no internet. so if anyone knows of any sites where i can copy legal documents please, please reply :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    *Bump* :D

I really, really need this info today cos im going to be away for a couple of weeks and will have no internet. so if anyone knows of any sites where i can copy legal documents please, please reply :)
    be a bit more specific.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    or http://www.advicenow.org.uk/ - Advice Now
    http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ - Citizens Advice online or to talk to someone -
    http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/cabdir.ihtml - find your local CAB
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    be a bit more specific.

like a credit agreement/arrangement.

Thanks for them links LadyJade, gonna take a look now.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    like a credit agreement/arrangement.

Cheers :)
    if this is to do with selling a business be very careful as a lot of legaly binding documents aren't worth the paper they are written on unless you can afford to enforce them.
    ...and even should you win against a defaulter you may find the guy has given you the run around for so long that he is bleeding your cash supply in costs ...which eventualy you might get back ...
    KERMIT! WHERE are these people when you need them?
  • Options
  • Options
    What do you want to know?

I wouldn't trust myself to write anything mind, I haven't done anything on consumer law but it is frickin convoluted. It's nearly as bad as trusts...

Speaking of, something for the memory banks. If you are trading with a company and you post a cheque to them, ensure that you write on the cheque "this is to be held on trust by you for me until my goods have been received". It's a lovely piece of legal trickery, meaning that if they go bust you get the cheque back.