Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Roy Keane vs Porto

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Prat.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Roy Keane vs Porto
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Prat.
    Agreed :p
  • Options
    Worst performance ever by keane or Man U!
    And I loved it! :D

Still thought a red was harsh!
  • Options
    It wasn't malicious, if it had have been the keeper would have been on a stretcher, Keane doesn't hide his intentions as we've seen before.

The ref was shite all night, amazing when you think of whats at stake.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    It wasn't malicious, if it had have been the keeper would have been on a stretcher, Keane doesn't hide his intentions as we've seen before.

The ref was shite all night, amazing when you think of whats at stake.

Wouldn't disagree with the final comment. The ref was piss poor to say the least.

But what Keane did was unnecessary at a time when cool heads were required. The goalkeeper's over the top reaction (which Fergie has been talking about) would have been irrelevant if Keane hadn't touched him in the first place...
  • Options
    But what Keane did was unnecessary at a time when cool heads were required. The goalkeeper's over the top reaction (which Fergie has been talking about) would have been irrelevant if Keane hadn't touched him in the first place...

I am not sure if Keane could have done anything to miss him, its debatable.

Has anyone else noticed that Keane was being pulled back as he went through? What he should have done was act like a Porto player rolling round on the floor and claim the penalty.
  • Options
    Choose your own refs and linesman, EXCEPT IN EUROPE :p

I've got a song on CD which is the tune of Choose Life from Trainspotting, all about Man U and that is one of the lines. I'll try and get the lyrics and share them with you all. I'm sure you'll love it :D
  • Options
    Its not about picking our own refs. I just expect thm to be competent, especially at spotting diving in Europe as all English sides lose out as we tend not to act in that way. Leeds suffered themselves in a European final many moons ago due to poor refereeing didn't they?
  • Options
    Its just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm sure Man U have benefited before from bad refereering. I'll re-phrase that "I KNOW Man U have benefited before from bad refereeing".

Got to take the good with the bad. Leeds haven't even being awarded a penalty this season. probably cos they have hardly being in the oppositions box, lol. Just a bit of random info for you.
  • Options
    I am not sure if Keane could have done anything to miss him, its debatable..

Not really, unless the guy has lost the ability to jump properly all of a sudden!
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman
    Not really, unless the guy has lost the ability to jump properly all of a sudden!

Can you jump in mid air?
  • Options
    Can you jump in mid air?

That's how most people do it....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Museman

Only in fantasy films, it is impossible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Museman

Only if they can defy basic laws of physics...

Most people jump from the ground.
  • Options
    Only if they can defy basic laws of physics...

Most people jump from the ground.

Yes and what are we all surrounded by? Air, I was just making the point that what he said was a bit ambiguous. Seiously, regarding the incident, you can avoid treading on someone like that, you don't have to jump out of the way, obviously you can't jump without pushing off something, but you can sure as hell move your leg/foot!
  • Options
    If keane had intended it then Baia would have been kicked into the next time-zone, but that doesn't prevent it being a red-card offence. Serious foul play doesn't have a malice requirement, jumping in on someone like that is, and was, an immediate red card.

Shame Porto were prevented from stuffing you like they should have by the "piss-poor" ref mind...