Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whoooooops. I've been had! Why am I so idiotic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK this is following on from this thread: http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60668

Sooooooo

This afternoon I come back and her mate, Roz, is on MSN. We start chatting and she adds another one of our mates, Rob, to the convo. We're getting on merrily, then they started having an argument. They were going on about telling me secrets or something, and then in a fit of swear words, Rob blurted out "OK Kristian, I'll tell you - Roz asked me out, I rejected her and then she got all uppity and saying she was too good for me anyway, etc." So I'm not too thrilled at seeing my best mates having it out with each other, so I privately MSN Roz and ask what's going on. She said that Rob wanted to go out with our other friend, Bonnie. I said no chance cos she's obsessed with her b/f. Then Roz admits it wasn't bonnie, but someone else but wouldn't tell me. I guessed Angela but kept it to myself (I told Roz weeks ago I fancied Angela).

Then after they had a bit more flaming, Angela herself joined the conversation. She wondered what the hell was going on, so I told her I had no idea. Then Roz said something about Rob being useless in bed, and Angela exploded - that conifmred to me that they did fancy each other, but somehow Rob and Roz had had a one-nighter behind Ange's back after she thought she had something going with him. The shit was truly hitting the fan, with Angela upset with both of them and Roz and Rob still falling out, and them intemittently bringing me into it. So I said "Guys, there's a lot of shit flying about here so now i'm invovled and i'm a neutral lets all be totally honest with each other. I'll start." And with that, I told Angela EVERYTHING about the period i fancided her, still going on now. The whole truth. After I posted that, nobody said anything to me but were still at each other's throats.

I was by now downing a random bottle of wine i'd found in the kitchen, shaking like hell wondering how i'd got myself into this, and then Rob said he was off leaving only Ange and Roz there. So I said "Guys, what the HELL has been going on? Tell me everything, i don't care." So Roz said "Pick up your internal phone"

Expecting to hear one of them in tears at the other end, I had Angela laughing her head off saying "Kristian... we were joking!"

Oh FUCK!!!

Now how am I gonna get out of this one?

Comments

• Options
    how mature your friends are..
  • Options
    to answer your question, there's nothing you can do. it's out in the open so just move on and don't mention it again. making a big deal out of it or saying that you were joking too will only drag things out.
  • Options
    yeah obviously i wasn't joking! so i haven't even tried that. someone else suggested saying i was drunk, but not even I get drunk at 3pm!

On the other hand, it might not all be bad - if she resented me for it she wouldn't have twice started an MSN convo with me this evening would she, with all the usual banter?
  • Options
    What a set of losers.

Remind me why you fancy her again?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    What a set of losers.

Remind me why you fancy her again?

Erm her wacky personality i think... maybe i've just fallen foul of that!

Its all a joke that went slightly wrong - they're forgiven (God i'm a soft touch). I'm chatting to her now actually so nothing seems too wrong.

I've put the elaborated version of it all on my LJ, though I forgot to save the convo which is a bit of a bummer :(
  • Options
    There's no use trying to deny it. Attempting to will only make things worse, and make you look worse. Just be honest with them, as you already have. Maybe your honesty will freak them out a bit, in which case you may get the last laugh. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    There's no use trying to deny it. Attempting to will only make things worse, and make you look worse. Just be honest with them, as you already have. Maybe your honesty will freak them out a bit, in which case you may get the last laugh. :)

Yeah no there's no way i'm going to try to deny anything - i need to salvage the tiny bit of dignity i have left!

*gulp* one hour 'til I see them...
  • Options
    To be quite honest your best bet is not even to mention it at all. Then if they bring it up you just play along by making it really outrageous, eg tease them say you are in love and want to get marrrrried and stuff. The more of a joke you can make out of it, the better it will seem, in this occasion. That's how it looks to me anyhow.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    To be quite honest your best bet is not even to mention it at all. Then if they bring it up you just play along by making it really outrageous, eg tease them say you are in love and want to get marrrrried and stuff. The more of a joke you can make out of it, the better it will seem, in this occasion. That's how it looks to me anyhow.

I agree. Don't mention it, it'll blow over if they're good friends. They'll probably feel pretty bad about it anyway - doesn't sound like a particularly good joke to me. But if they do mention it (which would make them pretty crappy friends) then just do what Mist said and play along. You never know, it could be a blessing in disguise that Angela now knows you like her. But just let it be for now, and try not to go *too* bright red when you next see her!
  • Options
    OH well saw her this morning... thankfully she was pretty zonked, but now comments on how good-looking practically every guy who walks past is... then smirks at me.

Ooooh man i'm more sensitive than she thinks!

(BTW I didn't mention it until they did... and their whole bloody block knows about i think judging from what a couple of people I bumped into said! At least it all seems good-humoured though.)
  • Options
    oh the life of a student,
    i'm confused.
    call them all twats.
  • Options
    do you all live in the same hall of residence? why do you talk to them on msn then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    do you all live in the same hall of residence? why do you talk to them on msn then?

Nah, I'm in one. The girls are in another and the bloke is in the other one.

Though I have been known to have four-way convos with people on my corridor and the one below! :p
  • Options
    Do yourself a favour, get new friends, they don't deserve your company.