Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing Control

Sometimes I find myself thinking and doing things I cannot control. For example, if there are a pile of books, and all their spines are facing one way except for a few, I feel forced to move them so they are all facing the same way. I'm forever having to make and things so they're more like "patterns". I have to eat my food in certain orders. I have to eat sweets by colours, and if I accidenly miss a colour, I can't go back and eat it, because I've already moved on from that colour. In the morning, I have a certain routine. I get up, use the bathroom, have breakfast, and then go to school. But if when I get up someone is using the bathroom, I panic. I don't understand it. :confused:
I talked to my friend about it a few minutes ago, and he said there's nothing for me to worry about, as it's not as though I'm ill or anything. I'm sure he thinks I'm just being stupid, but it really worries me as I can't seem to control it. I don't know what makes me do it, and when I start I can't stop. I don't even realise I'm doing it sometimes. It's like something is taking over my mind. I don't know what to do. :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont know much about it bout it could be OCD (obsesive compulsive disorder)
    the link below is for the OC foundation it has info about the symptoms of ocd
    Obsesive Compulsive foundation
    and an online screaning test to tell you wether you may have ocd or not
    *online screaning test

thes also info about treatment and stuff

id suggest a visit to the doctor just to chat and maybe put your mind at reast. after all you may just be a person that likes routine.

hope that helps chick

mel
  • Options
    It sounds like you have OCD to me. Not a particularly bad case of it, but if it's affecting your life, controlling it so to speak, then it's a problem. It may never progress any further, but who knows, it may begin to take over your life if you're not careful. You should look for some help with it.
  • Options
    Many people have little things like this that we 'have' to do - sometimes it dominates our life more than others, and that could be down to change, stress etc. Whether you seek help/treatment is really down to you and how much you feel this is affecting your life. If it is beginning to take over it would be a good idea to see your GP. In the meantime, check out the links above and have a read of the following:

TheSite's feature on OCD

Mind's factsheet on understanding OCD

:)