Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

paxil side effects

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been on it now for about 2 months, and for a little over a month I've been having these side effects. At night I get the weirdest dreams anybody could never imagine, then i wake up in a cold sweat. This happens about 3 times every night. My grandma said that the same thing happened to her when she was on it and also a friend she had. I'll be talking to my doctor tomorrow on the phone (so really he won't be able to do much) but does anybody else take paxil? and does the side effect happen too? will it ever go away :/ I seem to have side effects with all drugs. I had to switch from prozac to paxil because i had ill feeling side effects the the other. bla

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    it might be worth asking them about venlafaxine (i think its branded effexor over there) or something similar as it often doesn't cause the side effects that people on SSRIs suffer.

efexor has notoriously bad withdrawal symptoms, even if you taper down. i went through hell trying to get off it.

and seroxat, well, i wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

the only thing i can tolerate is cipramil (celexa over the pond). the only side effects and withdrawal effects i had from that were slight shakiness, stupidly vivid dreams (but not nightmares), and that falling asleep talking thing.
  • Options
    i took venlafaxine and got off it no problem at all. ive also taken cipramil but the best ive had has been trazadone.
  • Options
    I was on venlafaxine and found it quite effective but it started to do less and less after a while.

I got to a point in my life where i thought fuck medication and i just stopped taking them just like that without my GPs advice!

A few weeks was hell but now i feel sound as a pound knowing i dont have to keep popping capsules to keep my head straight every day.