Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Had my eyes opened

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.............Yes after being near the Liverpool area for the past 5 days I really have had my eyes opened.

I have never seen so many ignorant people in my whole life. I have seen how the other half does live. Now I know I cant catagerise all Liverpudlian people but the amount of ignorant people amazed me. People banging into you and not even a 'sorry', kids aged 7/8 smoking and swearing their head off, mothers just letting their kids run riot and I really felt as though I was in the Bronx.

We went to a holiday park for half term, the first time I have ever been to this particular one (Pontins). I have been to many holiday sites from the borders of Scotland, Blackpool, Lincolnshire and Scarborough areas and never have I seen kids behave so badly and their Mothers were nothing to write home about.

I almost got my head bashed in last night because some stupid woman thought you just went into the toilets and didnt join the queue but just jump into the 1st available toilet, so I says " am I standing here for the fun of it" to which I got the biggest amount of verbal you could ever imagine. I had just had enough of ignorant, anti social families and thought im going to say something.

I have never seen police presence on any site i have been to and on our first night there were police going all round the site, looking for someone. Apparently something had happened with guests that the site could not sort out and it was made a police matter, but to see police on a family site is not the 'norm' for myself..........Ive never seen that and i must have visited 8/9 different sites previously.

So why should this area be different from others ? I have been pretty speechless on a few occasions whilst at this site purely because of how the kids behaved.....they were total brats and if my Daughter ever behaved like them then she would be for the high jump. I presume a lot of these were single mothers as on the nights out we seen a lot of females with 3/4 kids but no man around (speculation I know, but I just got that impression).

So I wont be going back there and Blagsta your probably right, I must have lived a pretty sheltered life.

Comments

• Options
    What can I say..... scousers.
    They seem to be closely related to Mancunians.
  • Options
    I take it you don't watch Trisha?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    I take it you don't watch Trisha?

I do actually :D

Seriously I dont think i will ever go that way again. You see Im used to family sites where people are friendly, they say hello on a morning and generally have this good feel to the place. This place from first impressions was not very nice and it got from bad to worse the longer we were there.
  • Options
    oh dear ...my impression of southport is a realy good one. realy nice town with lots happening. you must have copped the social security holidays special lot by the sounds of things.
  • Options
    Are you sure you didn't make the wrong turning into what you thought was the holiday camp? :p
    Hope you had a good time depite.
    I was wondering where you were, LadyJade's been doing overtime keeping us in line while you've been gone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh dear ...my impression of southport is a realy good one. realy nice town with lots happening. you must have copped the social security holidays special lot by the sounds of things.

Southport itself............very nice place. Found a brilliant place for food so we went there for something to eat every day. Its had a lot of work invested in the town and its a nice walk around the town with plenty of shops.

lol Blackarab, we actually got lost and couldnt find it, but no was deffinately Pontins cos the flags were all flying outside :lol:
    LadyJade doing overtime..........thats what i like to see, dedicated staff :D
  • Options
    Sorry to invade your threat BB but:

Rolly, did ya getcha full Scottish Breakfast then? :p;)

Oh yeah, I better contribute *clears throat*

I loved going to places like that when I was young and the people were always so friendly. I really loved being there, it had a pool and indoor amusements. It was great. Looked like you got the short straw there. Sorry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing

Rolly, did ya getcha full Scottish Breakfast then? :p;)

i did thankyou ...the next day i was in manchester and got the full english one ...they are remarkably similar!
  • Options
    There should be a LICENCE to have children!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber

i swear half these parents with unruley anti social kids think more of the benefits they recieve for havin them other then the actual child themselves.
  • Options
    I actually live just outside of Southport, is a lovely town and the people who live there are great. It's just a shame that some scousers ruin it.

When there is an orange march all the scousers come down by the hundreds on the train. By the end of the day the parents are drunk and the kids just run wild. I totally agree that the behaviour of the parents is disgusting in some cases.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber

:rolleyes:

Indeed they should, afterall everyone with a driving licence is a careful and considerate driver...
  • Options
    Is anyone else under the impression that the sole liber has been on this forum before, under a certain other name?
  • Options
    Becky; this is the real world.

But yea your right, some people are fucking wankers.
  • Options
    Argh mothers who let their kids run around causing havoc, while they're busy smoking cigarettes in the near of their couple of months old baby are some of the most annoying creatures to ever have walked on this earth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Is anyone else under the impression that the sole liber has been on this forum before, under a certain other name?

We could use the input of a Libertarian, we do miss the old one.
  • Options
    Heh, Scousers are pikey bastards!!!!!!!!:cool:

And I don' t even believe in class!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Are you sure you didn't make the wrong turning into what you thought was the holiday camp? :p

These days Pontains often is mistaken as a 'holiday camp' so it's easily done :p

Man, haven't been there for years!

Personally I can't see the appeal of those types of camps. Gimme a campsite by a lake with mountains, a small tent and no screaming kids and cabarets and I'm happy. :heart: In the middle of nowhere... just hiking and a little fire... whooo yeah! :D

Come to think of it... I'll probably go off in a few weeks.
    Heh, Scousers are pikey bastards!!!!!!!!

How many scousers do you know then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat

Personally I can't see the appeal of those types of camps. Gimme a campsite by a lake with mountains, a small tent and no screaming kids and cabarets and I'm happy. :heart: In the middle of nowhere... just hiking and a little fire... whooo yeah! :D

Aye, but the difference is when you have an 8 yr old they come first. We need places that will keep her entertained that way we do get a bit of a break. Also having shows on the nights means we can have a few drinks whilst she dances in the disco :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Becky; this is the real world.

But yea your right, some people are fucking wankers.

:yes: it is sad but true, but the days of happy innocent people treating places and people with respect are gone. I'm not saying the whole population are ungrateful vandalising bastards, just a fair proportion. If something nice is made for the benefit of people, like playgrounds, campsites etc, people will fuck it up. However much time, effort, money has gone into the project, a lot of people these days, especially children, get whatever the hell they want, when they want, so things don't have such value. It's the less fortunate, who treat things with more respect and appreciate smaller things that we should feel sorry for.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    :yes: it is sad but true, but the days of happy innocent people treating places and people with respect are gone. I'm not saying the whole population are ungrateful vandalising bastards, just a fair proportion. If something nice is made for the benefit of people, like playgrounds, campsites etc, people will fuck it up. However much time, effort, money has gone into the project, a lot of people these days, especially children, get whatever the hell they want, when they want, so things don't have such value. It's the less fortunate, who treat things with more respect and appreciate smaller things that we should feel sorry for.
    i have similar sentiments.
    the only time i get road rage is when i see the occupants of a car throwing food wrappers out the window! fuck does that make my blood boil!
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    :yes: it is sad but true, but the days of happy innocent people treating places and people with respect are gone.

When did these days ever occur? Must have missed soething along the line...............:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the only time i get road rage is when i see the occupants of a car throwing food wrappers out the window! fuck does that make my blood boil!

lol yep....these people have bins at home right? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    When did these days ever occur? Must have missed soething along the line...............:confused:
    believe it or not i can remember times when there were no security cameras ...in the streets and no security systems on homes shock horror! i can even remember there being no vandalism. i can remember when fathers rule was law ...there was no way kids would have drea med of behaving like the ones becky met.
  • Options
    Indeed, back when children said yes sir/no sir and were seen but otherwise unheard unless spoken to!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Indeed, back when children said yes sir/no sir and were seen but otherwise unheard unless spoken to!

If this was tongue in cheek then I have to say that for once I agree.
    If it was not, then yeah...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    ...and it worked.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Aye, but the difference is when you have an 8 yr old they come first. We need places that will keep her entertained that way we do get a bit of a break. Also having shows on the nights means we can have a few drinks whilst she dances in the disco :)

Hehehe yeah, those camps are fantastic when you're 8 years old, Mum used to drag me away kicking and screaming to go home. :p

Did she join the crocodile club?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat

Did she join the crocodile club?

she joined a club, not sure if thats what it was called though :D

She bought an autograph book and was chasing all the blue coats to get their autograph also now they do a live show which you watch on your TV in the chalet and you send them text messages and get a mention on the telly.....good eh :D

God how things have changed since i was a kid :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

God how things have changed since i was a kid :D
    yeah ...electric light and radio now ...