Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid sports

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Which sports do you not see the attraction of? Any sports you don't even see the point in?

I dislike F1 and Golf.

F1 because, although the courses are varied ( unlike NASCAR), it is laps upon laps of glorified go-karts.

Golf because sports are supposed to be exciting. If golf is considered a sport, then so should so tiddlywinks and chess. And why are snooker and darts considered games but gold isn't?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Golf is fun to play :) then again maybe its because I was making out a lot of the time that I was playing so I found it fun.....

F1 looks boring
    Chess looks boring but only cuz I can't play it
    Rugby is also quite boring, or maybe tis just the matches I've seen
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid

Chess looks boring but only cuz I can't play it

Chess is insanely boring to watch, but I love playing it if I get into a good game!

I think with F1 and golf you either love it or hate it. Tennis, snooker and darts seem to be sports that ordinarily people never pay attention to but once they come on primetime TV will become quickly obsessed with.
  • Options
    thing with sports is that a lot of are boring to watch but playing them and they are great sports. Golf for example I think is crap to watch but get yourself out on a course on a summers day with a few of your mates and its a great game.
  • Options
    DARTS. darts is the most stupid sport. in fact in my eyes it's not even a sport, it's a pub game and should stay there. huge obese men playing with a beer by their side and a fag in their hand. any fool can learn hand-eye co-ordination.
    The Soap-Box String
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Chess is insanely boring to watch, but I love playing it if I get into a good game!
    Does chess even count as a sport? I dunno what else 't would be, I guess... more like a puzzle or something? Hmmm :confused:
  • Options
    Curling...in fact any sport from the Winter Olympics bar downhill skiing which should be kept purely because the crashes can be funny.
    Formula 1 could be made more exciting by introducing a scally/chav element, let them break into the cars and get chased around the circuit by the police. :hyper:
  • Options
    Curling shouldn't count as a sport or bowls or polo or golf!
    Just not a fan of golf-

I prefer sports where you actually face you opponent where as Golf is just about how good you play!

Oh and I like playing chess but could never watch it-
    Used to be school captain strangely enough
    :eek: