Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wot was the point

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
wot was the fucking point in sven bringing alan smith on for 2o mins he dint have time to show wot he can do hes so much better than rooney i mean did u see the sitter that he missed when he was 1 on 1 wiv da goalie smithy wld have so got that in. ne way ive had my rant
vickey
smithy 4 england
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I agree with you because Rooney hasn't played well all season. Sven can't just stick Smithy straight in (as much as I want him to) because it just doesn't work like that.

Smithy got his 20 minutes, showed a little of what he can do and Smithy has just got to hope that Sven took notice and all he has to do is impress everytime he gets a chance and his time will come.

Looks to me like Sven is going to go with Rooney and Owen up front despite what happens but lets just hope Smithy gets another chance. Got to remember he's had one chance before and he fucked it up by getting sent off, he can't ruin this new chance he has being given.
  • Options
    how cum every1 only remembers that game no 1 ever remembers the game on the 7th of september when he actually scored for them
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Rooney was poor last night. I would have liked to have seen Smith get more time on the pitch, but on the other hand, we need him as fresh as possible for Saturday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by .:*~Vickey~*:.
    how cum every1 only remembers that game no 1 ever remembers the game on the 7th of september when he actually scored for them
    Because he blew his big chance. Lucky for him he has got another chance. No matter how much you like the lad he has got a short fuse and he needs to learn how to control it before becoming a regular in the England team.

Imagine this - England in the Semi-finals against lets say Brazil. Rooneys picked up a little knock in the previous game and Smithy gets a chance from the start. England go 1-0 up with30mins left to play, Smithy loses his rag flys in to a challenge dangerously and gets sent off. England down to 10 men for the last 1/2hr. Brazil pull it back and end up winning and getting into the final. Smithy will be HATED around the country and rightly so.

My point - England can't afford to go down to 10 men at any stage in the game and with smithy there is that risk. I hope he has learned from his mistake but he hasn't learned from his mistakes at club level yet so yuo just never know.

I have nothing against the lad he is a STAR in my eyes, Leeds through and through and he wears the Leeds badge on his heart. He just needs to control his temper to avoid another Beckham like situation with England.

I personally know how difficult it is because when i'm on a pitch I have a really bad temper and since I started playing again 2 yrs ago I have had well in excess of £200 in fines. I'm not getting paid to play though, this is his career, his livelihood, and if he wants to play regular international football he will have to curb his temper.