Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

blasphemous basturds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
some stupid shitty cunting boyband has covered, a song by the fuckin beatles.

ohh i'm going to shoot them. lots of times. in the crotch first.

WANKERS!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Mark and Sam/Sam and Mark.

Pop Idol.

It's not their fault. I doubt they had a choice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

It's not their fault. I doubt they had a choice.

Agreed.

But when oh when will folk stop moaning about pop music and just turn it off?
  • Options
    The Beatles were a boyband. But they were talented. Well much more talented that the modern boybands.
  • Options
    The Beatles were a boyband. But they were talented. Well much more talented that the modern boybands.

right your pushin your fuckin luck here,
    do you want your 'i'm more mature than i should be' card revoked?

and yes they did have a choice, they could have said "i don't want to be a shite talentless piece of cunt and won't do pop idol, i'll write my own songs and actually be worth some fuckin respect"

but they didn't.
  • Options
    i mean you wouldn't remake star wars with a fuckin tenth of the budget? why do it with songs!

twats
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    and yes they did have a choice, they could have said "i don't want to be a shite talentless piece of cunt and won't do pop idol, i'll write my own songs and actually be worth some fuckin respect"

but they didn't.

The kind of people who do go on Pop Idol are obviously prepared to be moulded and shaped into what Simon Cowell wants.

And they were a boyband- an attractive group of young men who performed songs about cute girls. The songs they did were of a extremely high calibur compared to Busted et al.
  • Options
    they were rock. didn't do 100% stupid fuckin ballads which rely on a producer in a studio.

your being really igorent there.
  • Options

So the only way you can have musical talent is by writing your own songs?

Elvis didn't write his own stuff - talentless twat?

Fact - even if they did write their own songs, folk would still slag them off every bit as much.

Anyway, who the fuck says they've got talent anyway? They're good vocalists, albeit not as good as the first series.
  • Options
    i will never believe in using someone elses lyrics ever.

you can't argue this point, mark and sam or whatever are fuckin nobs, although probly not as much as the people in charge.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
    lets ruin a song.

no. don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Elvis didn't write his own stuff - talentless twat?

I've always thought so. Bit of hip wiggling and a voice which hundreds of other people in America at the same time could better and all the middle America went crazy.

I really hope this comment doesn't come over as me being racist but there were loads of black artists at the time who had a voice just as good and better as Elvis but because of the political situation in America at the time did not get the chance.
  • Options
    I've always thought so. Bit of hip wiggling and a voice which hundreds of other people in America at the same time could better and all the middle America went crazy I really hope this comment doesn't come over as me being racist but there were loads of black artists at the time who had a voice just as good and better as Elvis but because of the political situation in America at the time did not get the chance.

:yes:
  • Options
    They aren't talentless, they can sing. They wouldn't have got anywhere near winning Pop idol if they were totally talentless.

You really can't argue that point.

I actually agree about your point on ripping off cover after cover (which I think Mark and Sam are actually gonna do tbh), but you have to see that pop music is a market, always has been.

And lets face it, do you really have so much more respect for Busted,who do write their own stuff?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

And lets face it, do you really have so much more respect for Busted,who do write their own stuff?

do they? ace. i like their stuff. don't know why. think its more of a nostalgic thing.....

but if they cover a beatles song.... ohhhhhh
  • Options
    I've always thought so. Bit of hip wiggling and a voice which hundreds of other people in America at the same time could better and all the middle America went crazy.

Fair enough.

But people today see being able to play the drums or guitar as needing so much more talent than having a really good vocal, which I think is a bit silly really.
  • Options
    "whooose daaavid....

the guy who lives next dooor....."
  • Options

I really hope this comment doesn't come over as me being racist but there were loads of black artists at the time who had a voice just as good and better as Elvis but because of the political situation in America at the time did not get the chance.

I think Elvis was sooo overrated, even the Beatles were to a point. But I might just think that because my mum used to play their music all the time when I was young :(
  • Options
    do they? ace. i like their stuff. don't know why. think its more of a nostalgic thing.....

but if they cover a beatles song.... ohhhhhh

Not the best songwriters in the world, admittedly. But they have a go.

Agree on the Beatles thing though - shouldn't be touched.
  • Options
    I can see this going in circles, like every post ever made about pop, but they sing in tune. I would say that is about as far as their talent goes. I can sing in tune, but I'm not good enough to be a "pop star". I wouldn't want to be anyway.

I don't dislike Sam and Mark because they were on Pop Idol. I just think they are pants- TV show or no TV show.

Will Young is the only person who has ever come out one of these TV shows and actually be worthy of any respect IN MY OPINION. He has a fantastic voice, I just don't really like the songs he does. Same with Lemar.
  • Options
    ^^^^^

delete that post quickly

aimed at hybrid
  • Options
    i know bare people who like that will young song, better leave right now.

lemar. 5050 ok... but one song uses the same sample as jayz knock the hustle which is a fuckin stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    ^^^^^

delete that post quickly

aimed at hybrid

:lol:

NO!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I agree with that. *nods*

this is why you have never had a girlfriend
  • Options
    this is why you have never had a girlfriend

Any excuse for an argument, eh Stuart?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Thank you for your insight. Cunt.

s'ok hun :love:
  • Options

They were only a boyband to the extent of a band consisting of boys. Now The Monkees on the other hand were thrown together much in the same way as (I don't actually know which modern groups were stuck together through winning a TV show to sell mass produced, lowest common denominator shite to kids, so insert one here!) as Americas answer to The Beatles.
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by hybrid
    I think Elvis was sooo overrated, even the Beatles were to a point.

i agree :yes: i still respect them for their work though, even though i don't really like either. just don't think they're worthy of god like statuses
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Noise
    i agree :yes: i still respect them for their work though, even though i don't really like either. just don't think they're worthy of god like statuses

well said :)
  • Options
    Oh no! Which one? I have never heard anyone cover a Beatles track well. I refused to watch Love, Actually because it looks awful and has a lame cover of All You Need is Love on the ad. :mad:
  • Options
    Oh Andy, You are the best commenter here :heart:
  • Options
    It has to be said, I have always been a fan of Elvis - but I have never been a fan of the Beatles...

I can't really understand this huge thing people have for them! Admittedly they have a few good songs, but most of their stuff just doesn nothing for me!

Now, the Beach Boys or The Eagles on the otherhand - superb! :D

In fact, I've got Sloop John B. on at the moment... Love that track!

G.