Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunny Madrid!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello people :) Wow, don't think I've ever started a thread in the travel forum before...

Anyway, the title says it before - what do you know?! I want to spend a significant portion of my summer in Madrid, hopefully doing work experience - so any advice about places to stay, things to do, way of life etc... I'm just fishing for ideas and advice really!

If anyone's lived in or spent a lot of time in Madrid before I'm particularly interested

:)

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It depends what you like and what you do...

There are many things to do of all sorts. It´s a very modern city and it´s turned that way in the last few years.

So as I don´t know what you like it´d be too difficult to give you any advice.

And how is your Spanish?

http://www.softdoc.es/
  • Options
    Umm...it was snowing and only 5ºC in Madrid yesterday:p Meanwhuile it wont go below 16ºC here this week and will be sunny until at least friday:D
  • Options
    *bump*

THanks you two :) Am still interested in other people's opinions/tips/advice though - the work experience is sorted now, yay! I'm spending the whole of July and the first week of August there. I don't have accommodation yet though :( gah. Ideas anyone?
  • Options
    Oh and xicoperez thanks for the link :) pretty cool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Oh and xicoperez thanks for the link :) pretty cool.

De nada...
  • Options
    perfectday I would suggest you ask Aladdin its his hometown. He's hang out in politics mainly.
  • Options
    My Spanish teacher comes from Madrid so obviously she loves it but she is always telling us that there's a big problem with pick-pockets there so be a bit careful. They target tourists, so she's only ever had problems when she's with her English husband!