Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

train companies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
do you feel we are bein let down when a train breaks down or do you feel we are incredibly lucky to have such amazing technology to get us across the country?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: train companies
    Originally posted by molo
    do you feel we are bein let down when a train breaks down or do you feel we are incredibly lucky to have such amazing technology to get us across the country?

I get pissed off that we pay to wait for a trasin that may never come. I anger at the thought of us paying money so that the train companies pay buffoons to fix signals and switches then bunk off and don't do their job properly causing train crashes and derailments.
  • Options
    I think the cost of trains is ridiculous, and public transport overall is unreliable. If they want more people to use public transport then they should seriously reconsider costs. To get in your car and drive somewhere it is likely to take about half the time it takes to get a train, you're guaranteed a seat and it costs considerably less, therefore why trains/other public transport are supposed to appeal to people more I don't know.
  • Options
    Hmm well on the one hand, they do run a very large network of rail system thingys and it must be hard to keep everything in working order without delays etc but you'd think they'd try do something about it.

I was sat on a train platform in Doncaster (I think) for about 4 hours on my own and ended up changing another 2 times when it was meant to be a direct train. I was only little too.
  • Options
    Trains are amazing, they go fast :D

Bopz
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    Trains are amazing, they go fast :D

Only when they don't have bloody speed restrictions :mad:

Trains are so expensive. It would cost me £1000 a year to get to uni 15 miles away on the train, compared with £250 on the bus. I expect it to be more expensive, as it gets there quicker, but not by that much.
  • Options
  • Options
    the trains here are crap and go soooooo slow, especially when you compare it with france. it takes the same time to get from leeds to manchester on the train as it does on a coach, yet costs almost twice as much.
  • Options
    i'm fucking moving to japan.... number of delayed/cancelled trains is something like 1%. plus their trains go over 200mph whereas ours do half of that (and that's only the express ones) :rolleyes: