Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

roll a spliff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't very well can you sort of tell me a good way

Comments

• Options
    all i can say is practice, and you will master it in the end, took me a while to get them spot on but its worth the practice
  • Options
    What ever you do don't do it using a rolling machine cause they are shite & the J ends up being to loose.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    What ever you do don't do it using a rolling machine cause they are shite & the J ends up being to loose.

.:Crispy:.

oh no no no no no. I highly suggest a roller. I can't roll worth shit, but not to float my own boat, but when I use a roller (cuz thats the only way I know how pretty much) I roll the phatest tightest greates j's ever. EVER.

So I would suggest getting a roller. After a whilel you start to see how that works and can kind of get a hint of it on your own if you try.
  • Options
    I always find rolling with 3 skins alot easier than rolling one skinners. There's just a way to it, and you eventually find the right technique after practice...
  • Options
    You keep those damn evil rolling machines away, take pride and learn to roll. I cant roll for shit but never will i touch a rolling machine. Maybe try using a rolling matt, they help :cool:

Bopz
  • Options
    somewhere in this forum i posted a step by step picture manual of how to ...buggered if i'm going looking for it though.
  • Options
    Please Please... Do not use a roller. Practise doesn't make perfect, but it f**king helps trust me.
    Just as long as you make a roach that doesn't unroll itself, and don't drop everything out of the spliff when trying to wrap the joint, then you will be ok.
    As long as it can smoke, it is a joint, doesn't have to be perfect! I taught myself how to roll up by watchin others then practising at home with a pack of silver rizla and a box of bensons. I tried rolling with king skins first, and then moved on to rolling with slims, but which ever one you find easier, focus on it.

Hope I have helped a lil, I only talk from personal experience!
  • Options
    A couple of tips.

1) Always use rolling baccy, not cigs, I find cig baccy too dry and loose and it doesnt hold together properly.

2) Always use a roach that isnt too thick or large, I find cheque paper excellent.

3) Practice, sit down with some skins and a backet or Golden Vagina, have some music/TV/radio on in the background and just roll 10-15 times and do this every now and then and you will get the hang of it.
  • Options
    Always use rolling baccy, not cigs

That's def one that will help you, it can be rolled with cigs but harder...much easier with rolly baccy.
  • Options
    ok i have a problem...my mates getting me some weed and i dont know the first thing about rolling spliffs... *dies* can anyone help until i find morocan rolls step by step thingy....
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    ok i have a problem...my mates getting me some weed and i dont know the first thing about rolling spliffs... *dies* can anyone help until i find morocan rolls step by step thingy....
    just for you icy. http://www.skunked.co.uk/articles/rolling-tech.htm
  • Options
    and to all you new users of cannabis ...i smoked it almost everyday for two weeks before it ever did a thing for me ...so you could be dissapointed.
    then again ...your very first experience could be quite intense!
    cannabis is a very powerful mind altering substance ... you could find your mind on a rollercoaster ride for a few hours ...a ride you never imagined could happen within self ...and not just within self but of self. cannabis has some hillarious and very entertainingg and exhilerating moments ...lots of laughter. it can also make you very introspective for a while ...or even world event aware like not quite before. it can get a little scary ...learning to control the scary bits if you have any ...is all part of the buzz for me. 36 years on and i still get some very tense moments ...'oh dear ...farewell sanity' ...can and does still appear on occasion. beware the paranoia but remember ...it won't send you crazy realy ...you will comedown. i liked the product so much i bought the company ...i've had a lifelong affair with the stuff as have most of my freinds and aqauintances ...but ...remember it is a mood and mind altering substance.
    'why drink and drive when you can roll a spliff and fly home'?
    take it easy ...half a dozen tokes then pass it on ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    just for you icy. http://www.skunked.co.uk/articles/rolling-tech.htm

thanks rolly....but im all messy and stuff and doubt i could do that...is it alright to smoke weed in something like an agent blue? my mate suggested it cos she knows how awkward i am when it comes to doing stuff
  • Options
    thanks rolly....but im all messy and stuff and doubt i could do that...is it alright to smoke weed in something like an agent blue? my mate suggested it cos she knows how awkward i am when it comes to doing stuff
    TIA ...i haven't a clue what a blue thingy is!
    try kinsize papers. no messiness.
  • Options
    TIA ...i haven't a clue what a blue thingy is!
    try kinsize papers. no messiness.

its basically a pipe
  • Options
    pmsl! sorry.
    this in no way reflects on icy or the thread starter ...i jussted read this thread and all i could see was a cartoon ozzy character giving drugs advice to other cartoon characters ...oh it realy was that funny on my side of the scream!
  • Options
    i feel i could turn coal into diamonds right now ...
  • Options
    so can i smoke it in a pipe....mr weed man? :p (morrocan roll)
  • Options
    Yes u can smoke weed in a pipe, or you could eat it.

Eating it though is much more powerful than smoking it.
  • Options
    so can i smoke it in a pipe....mr weed man? :p (morrocan roll)
    yes of course you can. do you smoke fags? if not you may well find inhaling smoke very irritating ...enough so to stop you in your tracks. if your a non smoker try eating it.
  • Options
    yes of course you can. do you smoke fags? if not you may well find inhaling smoke very irritating ...enough so to stop you in your tracks. if your a non smoker try eating it.

yes i have smoked since age 11 stopped few months back and had one yesterday...and what does it taste like? :confused:
  • Options
    what does it taste like? :confused:
    it's taste and aroma are of heaven ...but a kind of dusty and musty heaven.
    it's remsemblance to goat sweat and honey ...musk and treacle are a delight to the senses. like a fresh baked biscuit and and a pot of boiling coffee. like sand and the sweetest perfume. like thunder clouds carrying refreshing dew. like cinnamon and parsley bathed in gold. like mother earth and ...and i'm rambling again ...by the way it makes me ramble but never rumble.
  • Options
    it's taste and aroma are of heaven ...but a kind of dusty and musty heaven.
    it's remsemblance to goat sweat and honey ...musk and treacle are a delight to the senses. like a fresh baked biscuit and and a pot of boiling coffee. like sand and the sweetest perfume. like thunder clouds carrying refreshing dew. like cinnamon and parsley bathed in gold. like mother earth and ...and i'm rambling again ...by the way it makes me ramble but never rumble.

so i take it that it tastes alright?
  • Options
    so i take it that it tastes alright?
    tastes like fucking dirt!
  • Options
    couldnt you have said that in the first place mister! i think i shall stick it in my mates pipe thing..! simple solution to my problem eh ;)
  • Options
    simple solution to my problem eh ;)
    there are only simple solutions ...
    tastes like dirt if you eat it ...tastes sweet and perfumey to smoke compared with baccy.
  • Options
    Myself, and all my friends learned to skin up in exactly the same way.

Part of a fag, a pack of skins (or two) and a night time... Somebody slowly rolled up in front of us once then weve all just skinned up again and again and again... its never taken anybody longer than an evening to get the hang of it that way.
  • Options
    yeah, its a life skill, better than a degree in quantum physics anyday imo
  • Options
    i couldnt roll last week...but now im fucking smokin at rolling them.

my help is thus:

1.dont buy rizzlas or any of that papers where you have to join ones together..buy rips..you can choose the length of your joint then and it makes things less fiddly.

2.use rolling tobacco(if using tobacco) it rolls better and generally tastes nicer...also golden virginia seems to smoke slower.

3.buy a rolling mat and when you go to make the dooby fold the paper almost halfway up...but keep it under the sticky line bit. Also the side of the paper that doesnt have the stick bit fold that a millimeter or two in( so that when you roll it it curls into the curve of the paper better, this really makes a world of difference).

4.dont roll them too tight.

5.make the dooby long enough so that you can get a decent.
    sized roach in there :) it wont burn up your fingers or lips as bad and you get more smoke done i reckon without having to use a clip or anything.

6.be generous with your shit, otherwise whats the point :P

take it e.z and enjoy. xx :)
  • Options
    Hey peeps!! this is my first post in a long long time (15 months in fact) i cant remember what my old user name was so i suppose most of you won't remember me! anyways i know this topic is old but its one thats always gonna reoccurs so i thought i'd have an input. for the first 2 years of smoking hash i couldn't roll a joint & never found a guide on how to that suited me. Around this time i watched one of my friends skin a joint (properly watched, every movement like) & it all clicked!!! here's how it went, sorry i don't have pictures!!!!

1. stick 3 skins or just use the pre made ones.. whatever!!
    2. place a cig in the joint. curl (tuck) the non-sticky end of the skins around the cig (start with the left side,its easier if you're right handed) and roll it up & down repeatedly till theres a natural curl on the skins. Repeat on the right side.
    3. take out the cig, lick it and tear it open. Throw the paper & butt away leaving the tabacco. tear up the tabacco into smaller pieces & then roll it in your palms & tear it up once again
    4. Sprinkle the tabacco EVENLY into the skins
    5. Take your pokey and press the tabacco down (which is something thin enough to fit in between the joint like that little metal things they have on fire hydrants) including all the loose bits.
    6. hold the joint so that you're two index finger (nearly?) meet (at the back/sticky end) of the joint. Next compress the upper part (where no tabacco is present) of the joint so that only the skins separate your index fingers and thumbs
    7. Now hold & press downwards with your thumbs & upwards with your index fingers (still should be separated by skins) & then vece versa. do this about 6 times (tabacco will fall out don't worry, not too much tho)
    8. Now place your joint in between something to keep it steady (open cig box, 2 match boxes) so that when looking over the joint you can see the tabacco.
    9. Burn off your hash what you want in your joint putting it to one side
    10. once the hash is burned spread it evenly in your joint (you can always burn off more & put it in if you think theres too little)
    11. Now repeat No.7 or untill the tabacco & hash mixture is rounded wiht no loose bits sticking out (if there are just press them down or tear them out). Now place the tips of your thumbs beside it eachother (& the tips of your index fingers beside eachother at the back) & roll once again very tightly tho (some of the mixture will fall out don't worry)
    12. The mixture should be more rounded in the middle, now curl (tuck) the top of the non-sticky part of the skins under the tabacco. move down (to the left) and tuck that part under the tabacco. now tuck the other side (the right) under the tabacco
    13. lick the sticky side (not too wet tho!) & roll it up. follow over it with your finger to make sure its stuck properly
    14. poke both ends with a pokey (poke the tabacco mix not the skins) so they're tight.
    15. roll a roach which really should be 3cm wide MAX, 2cm ideal (piece of cardboard or sumthing stiffer than paper) & put in the end thats smaller (has less space) & now push it up slightly so that its tight (not too much tho, just so its touching the tabacco)

**at this stage you can poke down the other end & twist it& light up.. if you want**

16. scrape together the stuff that spilled during the rolling process & stuff it down the open end of the joint * compress it with the pokey & twist the end & light it up.

###This is the way i learned how to do it.. its not gonna work for everyone, but it will work for most. I know i'm way late with this topic but i'm sure someone else is curious so i know my effort isnt in vein. I just realised the topic was about grass but its exactly the same except that instead of burning it you just tear it up into little pieces####