Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should drugs be legalised?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you are very right budda
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm always somewhat curious as to how people can hate drug users so much.

You know who I think are the scum of the planet.

- Dictators who send thousands to their death

- People who torture prisoners because of their political views

- People who sell weapons to war zones, knowing they will be used by child soldiers

- The people who train said child soldiers

And on a more mundane scale,

- Drunk drivers

- People who stumble out of a pub at 11pm looking for a fight just because they are full of rage over their wasted life

- People who persecute gays because for some reason they see it as 'wrong'.

The list goes on. Yes many drug addicts do cause crime, and yes they do damage themselves and their families, but I'm really not sure how you can hate them.

Drunk drivers who kill toddlers and get 8 years i think it was recently in the news!

Editted, i think it was 2 years actually
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Proof that drugs education in schools in this country is TERRIBLE. I suggest, Makaveli, that you keep reading this forum and lea\rn about the social effects of drugs, or go to erowid.com and educate yourself on the truth about drugs, because your school has obviously done a terrible job.
    ^I quit school long ago.

"Yes many drug addicts do cause crime"
    They all cause crime, drugs are illigal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Makaveli UK
    ^I quit school long ago.

1. Illegal
    2. But are those crimes affecting anyone else? NO!
  • Options
    Thats an interesting case for sure.

He received two years because he did not actually get charged with manslaughter, he was charged with driving without a licence or insurance. Because of this he could not get more than 2 years in jail.
  • Options
    Cause 'all crime' hmm, I doubt that.

The majority of assaults are when the attacker is drunk.
  • Options
    ^I quit school long ago.

And you think drug users are stupid? Education is the most important thing that can ever happen to you.. think of the amount of drug users in universities.. thousands, and they're out there being smart getting an education. You cant label all drug users stupid.
  • Options
    Nope I succeeded beyond my wildest and most imaginitive expectations. Why are you defending people who take drugs? Do you care about the tax payers money they waste? Drug addicts are the scum of the planet.
    Don't you see the trouble they cause? No beacuse your proberly rich and live in a nice neighbourhood with out a drug in sight.
    Stop acting so childish because I made my point in one line where as it took you a whole essay.

06-troll-before.jpg
  • Options
    BTW I live in Brixton and work in the drugs field so I know exactly the damage that drugs can do.

You sound like a bit of a sociopath to me Makaveli, especially seeing as you put on another thread "I dont see how Emotional pain can hurt you."
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&postid=885290#post885290
    Ever seen a psychiatrist?
  • Options
    The word 'premise' means 'reason'...

Sorry, had to try and be smart!

Doesn't premise mean initial starting point?

Yup, I was right.
    A proposition upon which an argument is based or from which a conclusion is drawn

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=premise
  • Options
    ^I quit school long ago.

It shows.
  • Options
    May do, but i studyed Critical thinking had the word premise drummed in to me over and over and over.... i was just being smart not often i have an opportunity to be :p

Brixton.. Angel Estate, is it as terrible as its meant to be?
  • Options
    Angell Estate is not one of the nicer places, but I don't live on there so I can't really comment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Doesn't premise mean initial starting point?

Yup, I was right.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=premise

But a proposition, being a statement or fact, can be a reason for the conculsion being true such as

Premise.. Drugs can cause people mental illness
    Premise.. Drugs can cause physcial illness
    Conclusion.. Drugs are unhealthy

The premise is both a statemtn and a reason for drugs being unhealthy

so i guess, i think we both may be right?
  • Options
    Your both smug wordy gits, thats for sure.
  • Options
    Oh ok.. see all i know about Angell estate isnt much, i just am so curious to ifnd out if its as bad as ive been lead to believe. Ive never really spent too much time in Brixtons estates!
  • Options
    so i guess, i think we both may be right?

Sounds good to me. :)
  • Options
    In most cases, no it isnt as bad as they say, but that doesnt mean its a nice place to live.

I cant say I live near a 'sink hole estate' but my area was on the news last night as one of the centres in heroin dealing, which was re-assuring I must say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Your both smug wordy gits, thats for sure.

Why thank you budda! ;)

I guess its just like the majority of estates in London then.. all as bad as each other! have a mate moving there, not looking forward to visiting to say the least!

Brixton really isnt as bad for 'outsiders' as people think though, the real problems lie with the locals having problems with each other etc.. I know its rough, but i have a soft spot for London.. the good and the bad :)
  • Options
    I've been in Brixton about a year now and have had no hassles at all. I find it really friendly.
  • Options
    In contrast my area has one of the lowest crime rates in London and I had my mobile nicked a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    thats good... :) surprising but good
  • Options
    I didnt think it was that good, it pissed me off actually.
  • Options
    was referring to the one before you ;)

i think im quite lucky.. ive never had anything stolen from me. Never had any contact with that sort of crime, mind you ive had experience with other sorts... :(
  • Options
    I knew what you meant.

I had never experienced it myself before either, its really quite unpleasant, I'd worked to pay for that phone and they just nicked it. And the fact that it was so near to my house, that got to me too.
  • Options
    i think its also the fact that it was yours, so many people say they feel violated in a way. It must be worse than losing something, you can blame yourself.. but knowing somebody else has something of yours..
  • Options
    Its just very unfair, why do they feel they can take my stuff.

I have been involved in crime, obviously any dabblings in the drug market. But I also used to steal when I was younger, its really not something I'm proud of, far from it really.

I suppose its not that different, but then I was to blame, I knew what I was doing was wrong and I got busted, so should they.
  • Options
    some people are shameless..
  • Options
    Thats for sure. Tragic really.

I blame the parents, I bet the kids were from an asylum seeker family!
  • Options
    Nope I succeeded beyond my wildest and most imaginitive expectations. Why are you defending people who take drugs? Do you care about the tax payers money they waste? Drug addicts are the scum of the planet.
    Don't you see the trouble they cause? No beacuse your proberly rich and live in a nice neighbourhood with out a drug in sight.
    Stop acting so childish because I made my point in one line where as it took you a whole essay.

Makaveli: seriously, how old are you? How is it possible to sum something this big up into a few lines, I wrote an 'essay' because I was bored and it's something I feel strongly about as of late.

And what, because I'm literate and can actually put a paragraph together it makes you think I'm upper-class, and never even laid eyes on drugs? This sums it up really, as far as your assumptions and intellect are concerned.

Granted, I do live in a relatively nice house, I'm not going to pretend I don't just to prove you wrong, on a nice street but I'll have you know I'm a casual user of cannabis, alcohol, ecstasy, LSD, magic mushrooms and occasionally amphetamine and ketamine.

You need to open your eyes and stop blindly following ths scare-mongering bullshit the government are feeding you. Do you drink? Ever got drunk? Look at the statistics; the majority of trouble out on the streets is drunkards. However, it's legal, therefore it's alright to do this is it not?

And there's a difference between use and abuse - another thing you fail to comprehend.

If you want people to take you seriously, put across serious arguements not just this 'drug addicts are the scum of the earth' shite. Nobody thinks you're big and clever, you just come across as, well..Blagsta summed it up well with that picture.

:rolleyes: