Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Scared to date the object of your affection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i have a slight problem. Has anyone ever believed that the object of your affection was just to good for you...

...well heres my problem, there is a girl i like and i think im getting signs that she may be intrested. Ive pulled her a couple of times as shes my mates gf's mate, but only when we've both been drunk, plus my mates gf has made some blatant hints.

This is all fair and well but for some unknown reason my mind is reluctant to believe that she would want anything to do with me.

You see she is very attractive and has only just recently got over her ex who happened to be some tall and big rugby player type bloke. Now im the opposite, im quite short about 5'8" and not exactly built, plus i look a lot younger than my age. She is also slightly taller than me in heels.
I cant help but think what she sees in me when there are all these tall D. Beckham type pretty boys that she could have rather than me...i mean i dont even have a car and im 22!

I know this is an extreme state of low self esteem but i just cant seem to allow myself to be put into the situation were i may get burnt by her. It just seems that the thought of trying to go out with her is so intimidating to me that i would rather not.

So yeh its just well pathetic really, anyone got any tips in how i can overcome this crippling fear, i mean why should it even be this hard, its never this hard in films :D

Comments

• Options
    Check your faceparty mail box.
  • Options
    Re: Scared to date the object of your affection
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    Ok i have a slight problem. Has anyone ever believed that the object of your affection was just to good for you...

...well heres my problem, there is a girl i like and i think im getting signs that she may be intrested. Ive pulled her a couple of times as shes my mates gf's mate, but only when we've both been drunk, plus my mates gf has made some blatant hints.

This is all fair and well but for some unknown reason my mind is reluctant to believe that she would want anything to do with me.

You see she is very attractive and has only just recently got over her ex who happened to be some tall and big rugby player type bloke. Now im the opposite, im quite short about 5'8" and not exactly built, plus i look a lot younger than my age. She is also slightly taller than me in heels.
    I cant help but think what she sees in me when there are all these tall D. Beckham type pretty boys that she could have rather than me...i mean i dont even have a car and im 22!

I know this is an extreme state of low self esteem but i just cant seem to allow myself to be put into the situation were i may get burnt by her. It just seems that the thought of trying to go out with her is so intimidating to me that i would rather not.

So yeh its just well pathetic really, anyone got any tips in how i can overcome this crippling fear, i mean why should it even be this hard, its never this hard in films :D

Cor blimey! I'd soooo would! :naughty:

Anyways, I say you have a gab to this lass and see what's on her mind, yuo could be pleasantly surprised..
  • Options
    hey thanks ladies, ive made a decision that im going to just go for it and make a move. I mean at the end of the day whats the worst that can happen, she is a really nice person and im sure that she isnt shallow even if she is attractive herself.
    If ben stiller and cameron diaz can be the perfect couple in something about mary than heck, so can we :D

Nath
    x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Londonboy

If ben stiller and cameron diaz can be the perfect couple in something about mary than heck, so can we :D

Nath
    x
    they are not together :no:

edited to say I dont think you should have any worriesm, ive just looked at your pic, your well fit! You have a similar look to my boyfriend :D
  • Options
    Hey thanks girls, soon i wont be able to get outta my room cause my head will be too big :D

p.s. i thought they did get together in the film...as in the film not real life!!
  • Options
    Mates girlfriend's mate = Ask the mate to ask his bird what she knows =p
  • Options
    *****UPDATE********

I asked her out this evening and were going out for dinner on valentines....damn im smooth....nah seriously thanks for your much appreciated replies guys.