Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marking Exam Papers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a full time student needing to boost funds during Summer. I'm half way through my second year at the moment (I'm 19). Last summer I worked in a local pub (I work there whenever I'm home and have been there for almost 2 yrs now), and also ended up working at McDonald's purely to gain extra cash. It wasn't something I particularly wanted to do, and I certainly didn't enjoy it, but at the time it seemed like the easiest option due to lack of available shifts at the pub.

This summer I am interested in possible helping invigilate exams (if Uni finishes before the exams do), and I would like to find out about marking exam papers during the summer holidays. I have always wanted to be a teacher and feel this would help my experience, and is ideal as could be worked around any pub shifts I may have.

I read in a recent magazine article about a student my age marking exam papers, but all the information I can seem to find is for those already qualified with a teaching degree.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get into this sort of thing?

Thanks, Jo :)

Comments

• Options
    ooooooooooooooooooooooh I want to do this, was chattin to my flatmate about it. turns out you can mark GCSE papers if your at uni, and you have to pass the subject your marking. If ya find out anything let me know!

Bopz
  • Options
    Hey this looks interesting!

Did a quick search, only came up with this though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/students/2003/05/exam_marking.shtml
  • Options
    I'm just in the process of applying and they won't let me near an A-level paper as i'm only an undergraduate. Marking GCSE papers is not going to be that tough and there are loads of training days.

To mark A-levels, I think you need a Masters or something, its the one above a normal degree.

Bopz
  • Options
    How do you go about applying?
  • Options
    look on their websites, they have contact details then they posted me the forms. look in google for

edexcel
    aqa
    WJEC
    ocr

Bopz