Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My typical waffle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to vent somewhere and I can't use my diary as ppl involved will see. No one involved comes on here so its cool.

I really like a guy-usual crush type thing but his mate has fancied him for months and I feel like i fancy someones boyfriend. He keeps tellin her he don't wanna go out with her and they are just friends and we have been getting on very well, the usual flirty tactics etc.

Normally I'd pursue him but I'm worried if I do this girl will hate me, her friends will and therefore my whole hang out will turn against me.

Its just not fair so I have to keep quiet and its bugging me. Thats why Im postin on here just to vent n rant, any of you been in this situation? if so what did you do?

Comments

• Options
    That's a tricky situation...and I'm sure that you don't need me to tell you that.

You didn't mention if you're mates with the other girl that fancies him. I'm guessing (tell me if I'm wrong) that you have a few mutal friends (sorta like a whole gang of you) in common but you're not that close to her.

Any chance of having a word with her and seeing how she feels about the situation? If you're not close friends then maybe it wont matter as much, seen as he's already told her that nothing will happen between them.

Hx
  • Options
    Hmm, I reckon if you told her she and she reacted negatively she could become quite bitchy towards you and say you are doing just what you worry is happening- stealing her boyfriend.

However if she is a decent person she will accept it. You would have to ask her if she doesn't mind though. Not in an 'asking permission' way, just checking it is OK, so she has no reason to be upset.
  • Options
    yeh she is in the group but not a close friend. she does like him a lot as her mate told me on the night out we were all at.

I think I'm gonna let it settle down for a while-if I still like him and things happen fair enough but I don't want to be labelled a bitch or a bloke-stealer!

As we aren't close friends it wouldn't bother me but the friends we share know tha I know she likes him-and they don't know I do. So I think they would be more of a problem! Esp as they are all tryin to make him go out with her-the guys 28 on thursday he can make his own mind up!!!!

Anyways cheers for listening guys! I will somehow get her opinion on the subject!
  • Options
    I was in the same situation a few months ago.

I liked this girl, who already had one of her best friends after her. She had told him she didn't like him like that loads of times but he kept the hope. Then I came along and joined their little group with my little group, and of course to complicate things, I began to like her too.

I didn't do anything about it for a long time because I didn't want to fall out with the other guy, so I bided my time, and stayed close to them both. Over about 6 months me and her got a lot closer, and just before christmas I gave her some big hints about how I felt. And now we're together.

At the time, he didn't seem to mind about us getting together. But right now I'm wondering how it's affected him.

So I can't say you should or shouldn't go for it, but I just wanted to add my little story.
  • Options
    thanks-makes me think that waiting awhile is best!