Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

friend/boyfriend problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is life full of problems? lol
Here we go with another one...

Me and my man have a pretty stable relationship, we've been seeing each other for a few months and although we don't see each other that often due to work/college commitments and wanting seperate social lives things seem to be going well. I often go out with my friends and he goes out with his and we both trust each other. If he cheated he'd tell me I'm sure of that...well as sure as you ever can be lol

So imagine my utter confusion when I got a phone call on my mobile tonight from a private number. The girl on the other end was very loud and stroppy and claimed to be his girlfriend of 2 years. She wanted to know why everytime she looks at his phone there are messages from me on it...well duh! Anyway I talked to her for a bit...I talked, she shouted...and she told me that 2 of his mates had told her that he was cheating with me (she did mention his mates names). She also mentioned my friends name which one of his friends had given her (despite the fact that I don't think his friends know her, they've met once!). Then I got the usual threats to leave 'her man' alone and she hung up. Charming.

Anyway I'm not worried that he's cheating. He isn't capable of keeping a two year relationship for starters lol Joking aside I know it's not true, he was seeing a girl for 6 months a few months before he got with me and I've had all the gruesome details from his mum (who I get on with great!). His family know me by name when I call before I mention it and seen as my mystery caller dodged my questions about his family or other friends (they only knew two names) I guess I'm one step up there.

What I am worried about is who called me and why they would do that. One of my friends (Kate) is jealous of my relationship, my other friends have told me as much. She doesn't like my man for no apparent reason, tells me that we should break up cos he's useless and despite telling me that he was good looking when I got with him now tells me he's ugly...hmm. The caller mentioned Kates name, she also thought that I lived in the town where Kate lives and amazingly she knew the names of the only two friends that Kate's met. She also called me a personal name which someone called me in an argument when only Kate and another friend were around and she spoke with the accent of one of Kate's friends. All the evidence points to her! :mad:

So what do I do and why did she try and set me up? Did she expcet me to dump him for this? Did she just want to upset me? She's supposed to be a friend. I don't know if I should pull her up about it or not mention it. I've never been betrayed by a 'friend' like this before and I'm not sure what action to take...any ideas?

Sorry for the rant.
Much thanx
Hx

Comments

• Options
    A rant and half... alright....

I wouldn't point fingers unless you're certain, how many times does all of the evidence point to one particular person and in the end it's someone else?

Its good that you and your guy have that kind of relationship, it should mean you can talk to him about it without him getting worried you're accusing him of something (which you shouldn't do)

You might of hit it on the head when you said that someone might be jealous of you, it can make people do weird things like that no matter how sad they seem to others. It could be that it's really a problem for her, not that it's any problem of yours, but many people can't deal with things like that easily and everyone has a point when they can take no more.

About being betrayed by a friend... You're lucky not to have had it done to you so far, but if it does turn out to be your friend trying to upset you I'd suggest having nothing to do with her. Or at least talking about it and setting things straight.

Bit of a weird situation you have, but hope that was some help nevertheless. Hope it all works out.

Tom.
  • Options
    Thanx for the advice...still a bit lost as to what to do though.

I rang my fella last night to see if he had any ideas as to who'd called me and he didn't have a clue. Infact he just found it amusing! He knows I'm not accusing him of anything and we're just joking about it.

As for my friend Kate, the one that I think set this up...well I just don't know what to say to her. She rang me today and told me a sounded miserable, asked if I'd seen my man and she also mentioned that she'd been at her friend's house last night (the one that I think she got to call) and had got very drunk. Other than that she didn't throw any hints about knowing I'd had a phone call or anything.

I still can't think of anyone else it can be though. I'm unsure on whether to have a word with her and ask if it was her or if I should leave it and go on as normal.
  • Options
    Hrms

Im thinking she is definately (if it is her) of your relationship, If she said he was cute in the beginning maybe she wants your bf?

Just be careful... she may have a bad conscience at the moment and may blurt it out..

Friends like that aren't worth hanging around.