Home Travel & Free Time
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Kittens have split

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    So who will have a solo career straight away, and who will "rest"?

    jenny will be the most succesful, natasha's staying at home and liz....will dissapear
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by hybrid
    jenny will be the most succesful, natasha's staying at home and liz....will dissapear

    Id that the same as what I said? I don't know any names.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My favourite was always Lil, followed by Natasha.

    I hate Jenny though. I hope she dies :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    only quality lasts ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm always surprised at the real vengance people show to types of music they dont like, is it really that big of a deal? NO.

    So you dont like pop, so its all rubbish, AND, why get angry about that?

    So all rock is just angry blokes shouting, SO?

    I really really like Hardcore, which a lot of people think is shite, do I care, NO.

    Why get so worked up about something that really doesnt matter, save your energy for the more important things, love, politics, money, death etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm always surprised at the real vengance people show to types of music they dont like, is it really that big of a deal? NO.

    So you dont like pop, so its all rubbish, AND, why get angry about that?

    So all rock is just angry blokes shouting, SO?

    I really really like Hardcore, which a lot of people think is shite, do I care, NO.

    Why get so worked up about something that really doesnt matter, save your energy for the more important things, love, politics, money, death etc.

    Well said :thumb:

    I can't stand people who don't like other people if they're not into their music. It's pathetic and I swear most people say they hate pop purely cos they don't think it's cool to like it. :rolleyes: :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    My favourite was always Lil, followed by Natasha.

    I hate Jenny though. I hope she dies :yes:

    So you weren't really a fan of the members?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Faith
    It's pathetic and I swear most people say they hate pop purely cos they don't think it's cool to like it. :rolleyes: :p

    Yep.

    Or rather it's cool and trendy to slag it off.
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

    So you weren't really a fan of the members

    Yeah, but Jenny's voice has always annoyed me. Hence the reason I stop listening to Eternal Flame when her bit comes on.

    And I just think she's a slag.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Id that the same as what I said? I don't know any names.

    probably but i didnt know who you were referring to as the 'munter' and the 'fit one'!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    does anyone know why they split cause i do


    dont ask me why but i do!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by pie
    does anyone know why they split cause i do

    Tell me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hair!

    god damn women :rolleyes:

    because one of them (dont know their names) copyed the short bob the other one had so the one who originally had the bob got hair extensions...

    ...angry felines...

    well thats what i read in my mag...:rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    erm...yeah, *that* or natasha wanting to spend more time with her kid:rolleyes:

    i like the hair story better actually :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At last, maybe someday we can see a world with no manufactured pop shite.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll learn Shogun, there is no escaping the likes of Atomic Dog, sadly there is a big market amoung drunk women who like to sing along badly in crappy pubs on a saturday night.

    Even back in the swinging 60's we had the likes of The Monkeys.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    You'll learn Shogun, there is no escaping the likes of Atomic Dog, sadly there is a big market amoung drunk women who like to sing along badly in crappy pubs on a saturday night.

    I see you changed your tune, Mr "Live and Let Live" :rolleyes: :p

    And Shogun, hopefully we'll see a day when people who moan about "manufactured shite" are taken to an island and injected with a terminal illness.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    YAY
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    And Shogun, hopefully we'll see a day when people who moan about "manufactured shite" are taken to an island and injected with a terminal illness.

    Just as long as that is after the people who make it, and the people who buy it ;)

    Personally I can't say I am disappointed by this news. I would rather have someone capable of playing a instrument and writing their own music - someone who worked their way to the tope with a bunch of mates than someone who attended an audition.

    But I understand that there is a market for this, and some Cowell is going to supply that market. Good luck to them all - just don't expect people to give them musical credibility when really it's all just marketing...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    someone who worked their way to the tope with a bunch of mates than someone who attended an audition.

    Lots of the people who go to these auditions have been working at it for years too though. Audition after audition, with loads of rejections. Yes, some people turn up at their first one and get a lucky break, but others have been trying for years...just like people in bands.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

    But I understand that there is a market for this, and some Cowell is going to supply that market. Good luck to them all - just don't expect people to give them musical credibility when really it's all just marketing...

    That's the thing though.

    It's not just marketing, the ability to sing and dance have to be there too. People sneer at that idea though, and the people who say pop acts are talentless are the same that say all politicians are liars and all football fans are hooligans. It's bullshit, really.

    No-one can deny that the marketing element is there too, but let's not pretend that even if AK did practice their dance moves together as teenagers and write their own stuff, that anyone would give them more credibilty, because they wouldn't. It's so, so easy to bash pop, just because it's in the mainstream, and it's cool to be seen as being alternative.

    People go on about how talentless these people are, but it's crap. Hell, I didn't get past my first audition, how talentless must that make me?

    And I agree with Draven, pop stars aren't usually just picked off the street. They have to go through audition after audition, and I for one can tell you that it's very nerve racking and a very big thing.

    All comes back to the one central point though - it's cool and the in thing to bash pop music at every given opportunity.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't think I have ignored absolutely every comment you have made on this topic ever but....
    All comes back to the one central point though - it's cool and the in thing to bash pop music at every given opportunity.

    Depends what "social group" you belong to. I'm sure some little girl in primary school is picked on for not having a picture of the cutest boyband member or knows the latest dance move because everyone else is doing it. All her little schoolmates probably slag off guitar music the same way that you do.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

    Depends what "social group" you belong to. I'm sure some little girl in primary school is picked on for not having a picture of the cutest boyband member or knows the latest dance move because everyone else is doing it. All her little schoolmates probably slag off guitar music the same way that you do.

    Well, OK. I was mainly on about say the 16-30 age group.

    And the reason I say what i say about guitar music, is because I honestly think that a lot of the guitar music (not all of it, some is very listenable) is at best overrated, and at worst total fucking shite. That's my opinion based on actually hearing the music. It seems that so many people both on here and in real life just mouth off about manufactured shite, dismissing it all without even listening to most of it.

    Obviously it's down to opinions, but anyone who thinks stuff like the RHCP and other rock bands in the charts aren't manufactured at all is up a gum tree. That's why the manufactured argument falls flat on it's face.

    Fair enough - if someone really doesn't like a band or type of music, then that's totally OK. But I rememeber when there was a thread about what people thought of some albums (I think there was one from RHCP and the rest were stuff like Girls Aloud) and people said "Oh the RHCP album is good, the rest are shit" when it was obvious that the person had never even listened to the other albums.

    That's what I mean when I say people in our age bracket distance themselves from pop, because they don't want to be labelled uncool or whatever.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like quite a lot of pop. I'm not afraid to admit it. But sometimes when a song by a boyband is on music channel and radio station, and it is obvious that if they were 10 years older, going grey and getting a bit podgy round the middle, they would not get my, as they are nothing special. And miming just so you can do a shitty dance routine? Oh please! It proves these people have no stage presence.

    Read a joke in one of my friend's girly magazines- " Justin's performance at the Brits may now be replaced by a duet by Katie Melua and Jamie Cullum- well, a chance to make a cup of tea!"

    What the fcuk! You will get to see, whether you like their music or not, two of the best new singers on the scene. But no, all the little girlies would rather swoon over Justin, like they have for the past year, or whenever he became "cool". The reason that most people start getting into metal/punk and stuff around the age of thirteen is because they stop putting on the local radio and watching TOTP and actually try out new things, rather than listening to whatevers on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I like quite a lot of pop. I'm not afraid to admit it. But sometimes when a song by a boyband is on music channel and radio station, and it is obvious that if they were 10 years older, going grey and getting a bit podgy round the middle, they would not get my, as they are nothing special.

    Point taken, and again it's down to individual opinions and stuff.

    But on the image thing. Pop music gets totally slaughtered for being totally image driven, and it is to an extent. But then look at rock music. People read about bands in NME just as they do in Smash Hits. I admit there's a world of difference between the two, but so many rock fans are all too willing to try and be the first to try and cling onto whatever they've heard the next big thing is about to be. Then when all the other monkeys start listening to them, they start on about how they've sold out, and how they used to be better when less people knew about them and their music.

    The whole "playground" mentality is the same.
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

    What the fcuk! You will get to see, whether you like their music or not, two of the best new singers on the scene. But no, all the little girlies would rather swoon over Justin, like they have for the past year, or whenever he became "cool".

    That's only natural though, surely?

    Some of Justin's music is regarded as the best pop music that's been around for a while (not by 10 year old girls, but by music critics in general), and people are generally going to favour what they know works well, than something that's maybe more obescure, and aimed at a generally older audience.
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    The reason that most people start getting into metal/punk and stuff around the age of thirteen is because they stop putting on the local radio and watching TOTP and actually try out new things, rather than listening to whatevers on.

    I see what you're saying, but peer pressure still plays a part. Even on here, it's painfully obvious.
Sign In or Register to comment.