Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Kittens have split

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Yes, Atomic Kitten have split up.

Woohoooo!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thank god for that!! :D

they seem like such bitches :mad: rarr!
  • Options
    thats the best news ive had all week :)
  • Options
    I never would have thought it of the Atomic Dogs, they seemed so happy.
  • Options
    good, and now kerry katonas doing well for herself it will really rub salt into the wounds, i read an interview with them once and it was like 'im not awnsering that' 'im sick of this' being right cows
  • Options
    i heard they were carrying on with their tour though and officially ending it in march.
    no doubt there will be a 'goodbye song' like s-club
  • Options
    RIP my lovelies :(

Actually, I think they died in 2002, they never really did it for me after they put out The Tide Is High. Loved them so much when they did Whole Again and Eternal Flame - good songs and memories pour moi.

And they haven't officially split up - but I'm 99% sure that'll happen after they tour/bleed more money out of the fans. I'm not going anyway, this sucks.

And to all those who say it's great - I hope you get really bad food poisoning.
  • Options
    Haha bye bye bitches! no more of my ears having to put up with your crap, at least I won't have to hunt them down with a gun now! :yes:
  • Options
    wooooo, one less shite pop band :D
  • Options
    i liked all there songs that had kerry katona in them, (except whole again, i think i was the only person in the world to hate that song) the tide is high and eternal flame

that ladies night really got on my tits :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    wooooo, one less shite pop band :D

Do shutup.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Do shutup.

fucking bite me. atomic kitten were shit, now they've split up. get over it
  • Options
    oh...

diddums...

ill miss them terribly...

tired of scrolling yet?!

:hyper:
  • Options

Yes yes yes, just you go back to your shitey rock music that your mates tell you to listen to and keep trying to convince yourself it's not pretentious shite.
  • Options
    Yes yes yes, just you go back to your shitey rock music that your mates tell you to listen to and keep trying to convince yourself it's not pretentious shite.

will do:rolleyes:, and you come back and talk to me when you start listening to a band that lasts more then 5 minutes
  • Options

Couldn't agree more.

One less manufactured pop pieces of shit taking 9 year olds for fools. And of course you Brian.
  • Options
    One less manufactured pop peices of shit taking 9 year olds for fools. And of course you Brian.

They aren't taking me for a fool. Don't patronise me boyo :p

I remember when The Darkness were the next big thing, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Now they're popular, all these cool people are detaching themslves from them, and they're all jumping on the bandwagon of whatever else is cool and trendy.

Sorry, but this whole "ohhhh it's pop music, so they must be so untalented" fucks me off. I was at an audition yesterday, and the bloke said I had raw potential, and I did great for a first audition. I also got put on a callback list. Does the fact that I'm able to sing (that's sing, not shout shit) make me a talentless moron?

Anyway, I reckon being able to sing well as pop musicians do, is more of a skill to have than writing their own music and shit. Just because "they write their own stuff" does not mean it's actually any good. Fuck me, I try and write aswell, doesn't mean I'm anywhere near as talented as the pop musicians in todays market. Anyway, I bet more pop musicians write their own music, than rock musicians that can really sing.

*sighs*
  • Options
    I bet more pop musicians write their own music, than rock musicians that can really sing.

how come all the big pop stars have people that write their songs for them then? if they're so talented, why don't they do it themselves?
  • Options

I remember when The Darkness were the next big thing, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Now they're popular, all these cool people are detaching themslves from them, and they're all jumping on the bandwagon of whatever else is cool and trendy.

Thats cos those people really are twats. Whenever a band gets recognition, they're no longer good. Bullshit.

Sorry, but this whole "ohhhh it's pop music, so they must be so untalented" fucks me off. I was at an audition yesterday, and the bloke said I had raw potential, and I did great for a first audition. I also got put on a callback list. Does the fact that I'm able to sing (that's sing, not shout shit) make me a talentless moron?

Fair enough, they can sing. No ones doubting that. But why sing about such meaningless shite? Or why sing to backtracks? Why pretend to play instruments when you plainly can't (Busted, anyone?)
    I'd rather have a guy shout a little about stuff that mattered, stuff that touches people, than have some damn hot chick singing about how it's fucking ladies night. Really, apart from kids, who believes that shit?

Anyway, I reckon being able to sing well as pop musicians do, is more of a skill to have than writing their own music and shit. Just because "they write their own stuff" does not mean it's actually any good. Fuck me, I try and write aswell, doesn't mean I'm anywhere near as talented as the pop musicians in todays market. Anyway, I bet more pop musicians write their own music, than rock musicians that can really sing.

Again, fair point. But not every band "who writes their own stuff" gets a record deal. In rock music today, theres no such thing as originality for more than a month. A talented, original and most importantly good band will emerge, become quite popular, and then a fe weeks later, record companies have signed up 5 bands who have totally ripped them off, all to cash in on someone elses originality.
    As i said before, pop musicians (and i use the term musicians lightly here) can sing, but why not put their talent to something a bit more useful or heartfelt, rather than just wanting to end up on an extremely loud and annoying 6 year old girl's wall.
  • Options
    how come all the big pop stars have people that write their songs for them then? if they're so talented, why don't they do it themselves?

I admit, people like Will and others don't write their own stuff, but they have input and influences, you can't deny that. Then there's people like Dido, The BEP and Busted do. Hell, the last one might not be the best example of lyrical genius, but they have a go. yet the likes of you still go on and call them shit.

And do you really hold the likes of Darius and David Sneddon, who write their own stuff. above the other pop stars? I'd seriously doubt that you do. Pop bashing will always happen, even if they all wrote songs and stuff. Mark my words.

But I'm as aware of the corporate machine as anyone, and yes, I know there is bad pop music out there too.
  • Options
    Damn right there will always be pop music bashing, becuase it's just that. It's pop. It's pop that means fuck all to anyone. A catchy chorus and good-looking frontman/woman does not make the song good, and it certianly does not make them a talented "musician".
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Thats cos those people really are twats. Whenever a band gets recognition, they're no longer good. Bullshit.

Agreed on that point.

Fair enough, they can sing. No ones doubting that. But why sing about such meaningless shite? Or why sing to backtracks? Why pretend to play instruments when you plainly can't (Busted, anyone?)

I hold my hands up and admit it's part of the corporate machine. I actually think that Busted can play instruments (jesus it aint THAT hard), but they do use the whole punky image as a gimmick, and their songs are quite good IMHO.

You say meaningless shite, but i'd say it's very much each to their own on that one. Without sounding like a divvy, Whole Again and Eternal Flame were (and still are) meaningful to me, like when songs remind you of ceratin times and stuff.

But I admit, I can see how some people would be able to relate to rock music more. Like Staind and Nirvana are fucking shit to me, but if people can use the lyrics in a positive way, then fine.

I'd rather have a guy shout a little about stuff that mattered, stuff that touches people, than have some damn hot chick singing about how it's fucking ladies night. Really, apart from kids, who believes that shit?

I think that song (and other songs of that type) aren't really meant to be anything other than happy, party tunes. No-one normal would EVER take any meaning from those lyrics, but I'm sure as hell plenty of folk danced about to it at their Xmas parties :p

Pop music and rock music have different remits, I admit rock music is meant to have more meaning, but that doesn't mean all pop music can't and doesn't, yanno?

A talented, original and most importantly good band will emerge, become quite popular, and then a fe weeks later, record companies have signed up 5 bands who have totally ripped them off, all to cash in on someone elses originality.

Happens all over the place. You're even getting rip-offs of Busted and stuff now. And look at Pop Idol, they should probably have stopped after the first one, but where there's a buck to be made....

but why not put their talent to something a bit more useful or heartfelt, rather than just wanting to end up on an extremely loud and annoying 6 year old girl's wall.

You can't really say it isn't useful mate. For one, who's to say that a pop musician singing a song is any less heartfelt than a rock musician singing a song? I admit, if someone writes thier own music, then maybe, but that doesn't guarantee the audience will be able to relate to it in any meaningful way. That goes for pop too.

We had a moron on here the other day slagging off Gareth Gates - Spirit in The Sky, because it was the second highest selling single of the year last year. Not the best pop tune, I admit. But it sold almost 500,000 with all the money going to charity. Surely that's a good thing. Not to mention the whole "idol worship" thing. It get's a bad press, but if you had a little daughter who had a terminal disease or something, and say she adored Westlife or Blue. Wouldn't it be a good thing there, if she had some music that made her happy, or if they came to visit her in hospital or something? Would you not feel eternally gratedul that they made her life that little bit better, even if it was only for a while?

I'm going off on one, but you see what I mean. Pop bashing is so easy and such a silly thing to do. I honestly think that a lot of other music fans have such an unnecessary superiority complex, just so they can justify themselves.

But, like you say, they need to be good, be it rock or pop.

That's what AK havent been for the last 18 months :(
  • Options
    Damn right there will always be pop music bashing, becuase it's just that. It's pop. It's pop that means fuck all to anyone. A catchy chorus and good-looking frontman/woman does not make the song good, and it certianly does not make them a talented "musician".

It might not make them talented, but it doesn't automatically make them un-talented, if you see what I mean.

You can't say it means fuck all to anyone either. Not all pop, anyway.
  • Options
    *brian dont kill me*

i think a lot of pop bands dont write their own stuff regardless of whether they have the abilty too or not because there labels dont want them earning too much in royaltys and would rather get them

i aint sure, i dont know a lot about the inner workings of a record label :nervous:
  • Options
    If pop music makes people happy, then thats all good. Who am i, or anybody for that matter, to turn around and say you can't can't listen to what makes you happy. But, i can't understand why it makes people happy. (Obviousily i'm talking about the older people who listen to pop, not the pre-teens.)

Good on Gareth Gates for doing a song for charity, he's going to release shite songs anyway, so why not give the money to someone who needs it? :p

I understand what you're saying about how some pop tunes are just made for pissheads to dance to, but i just think it's a shame when people who can sing choose to sing about, in my opinion, complete bollocks.

the one thing that i love rock music for is that it can help people through some tough times. People always say that if it wasn't for a KoRn record or something, then they wouldn't be here today. Granted half of these people are rich goths who moan for nothing, but theres always people are genuine y'know. If Jonathan Davis singing about getting abused as a child helps someone else who has been abused to get through that, isn't that great also? It's sorta the same as what you were saying about charity.
  • Options
    If Jonathan Davis singing about getting abused as a child helps someone else who has been abet through that, isn't thas what you were saying about charity.

Yeah that's what I mean - it works both ways. Albeit in differing ways, I still get goosebumps listening to some Westlife songs :eek:

But yeah *shrugs* it's all down to taste really. I like pop, you like rock. Some folk like blockbuster films, other folk don't. It really is all about taste I reckon, nothing really deeper than that.
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I mean - it works both ways. Albeit in differing ways, I still get goosebumps listening to some Westlife songs :eek:

But yeah *shrugs* it's all down to taste really. I like pop, you like rock. Some folk like blockbuster films, other folk don't. It really is all about taste I reckon, nothing really deeper than that.

Yup, i suppose you're right. No one can tell you whats good or not, becuase well, only you know whats good. It just annoys me when people label rock bands pretentious for no reason really.
  • Options
    It just annoys me when people label rock bands pretentious for no reason really.

Can't talk for anyone else really, but I mean pretentious in the sense that they really try so hard not to be seen as part of the mainstream. It's hard to put it into words, but I suppose just as you get music "fans" who hate bands selling out, you're bound get bands with a similar attitude. And they just come across as being wanks in interviews.

Or maybe it's just the ones I've seen, I dunno.

I think it was Fran from Travis who said "We got famous without the permission of the pretentious - now it's backfiring on us", I think it's when they were snubbed for an award or something.

T#is good to disagree though :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

that ladies night really got on my tits :mad:

Yhe I totally agree with that! I never really hated the 'Kitten till that song but it utterly does my head in and symbolises everything I hate about the youth of today! Ladies Night my arse! :mad:
  • Options
    So who will have a solo career straight away, and who will "rest"?

The one who was pregnant will "rest" like Mel B did. The munter will try and sing, and the fit one will probably do a Holly Valance and take even more clothes off. :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh man, a pop debate.

Gotta say, Bri's got a point. As a rock lover and listener, I do sneer on a lot of pop music for the manufactured shite it is. But there also a helluva lot of good pop out there, music that gives itself a goal and achieves that goal. Good ol' Mr Timberlake made a cracker of a solo album - admittedly, with a lot of help from the Neptunes, but that's regardless. No one sneered on Eminem because he got a lot of help from Dre, no one disregards Probot because it's another Dave Grohl machine. The production teams in pop don't get *enough* recognition. Bit like the drummer in every single band ever, then...

I really hate the kind of attitude the rock-lovers display here. It does take a lot of talent to become a good pop artist, and I'd love to see any of you do it. Of course, you wont because you don't want to, but some people are just born to entertain. They may not be great at everything, but they can sing, they can dance, they can have stage presence and play to the audience. In my books, that makes them just as talented as any of my favourite rockstars. Dream Theater are an astounding collection of the best players of their respective intruments, but at a concert they create all the atmosphere of a computer convention.

And Char, what you said about artists not writing their own material may have a very minimal amount to do with royalty money, but for the most part it's risk-benefit in sales: the potential gain from an artist using their own unproven material does not outweigh the risk of losing sales if it's badly recieved.