Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Are you happy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just been listening to a local radio station, which reads out love letters that are sent in. Some woman as given out the advice that if your not entirely happy in a relationship, then you should get out cause it will NEVER get better.
But who is entirely happy? and is it that simple to just up and leave a relationship that you have been in for ages?
My mam has just left a 12 year realtionship because of unhappiness, but has found from all her freinds that not one of them is entirely happy. Everyone has problems, so when is the time to leave?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A relationship has ups and downs, but its just instinct if one is happy or not. Arguing is a natural part of any relationship, but if the person is always arguing, or dreading arguing, or just feels like the other person doesnt feel the same anymore, then maybe the relationship is coming to an end.

Not that dumping should be the first option mind.
    If you're unhappy more than you're happy in a relationship then yeah you should get out, what's the point in spending your life being unhappy?
    Originally posted by Faith
    If you're unhappy more than you're happy in a relationship then yeah you should get out, what's the point in spending your life being unhappy?

:yes:

i measure all my relationships on a sliding scale, and if the bad times outweigh the good times, i leave.

but i think it is entirely possible for a relationship to get better.