Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cant get a job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive tried agencys, retail, everything, i cant even get an interview, all the agencies dont think im suitable for jobs that ive done in the past. I duno what to do, i cant seem to get anywhere, while my other mates seem to get about 5 interviews a week, and they are going for the same job types i am!

Comments

• Options
    Must admit agencies can be bloody useless - the key is to be persistent: keep up ringing about jobs that particularly interest you and let them be aware you're on the lookout for work. Think about the way you fill in application forms and write covering letters as well. Be truthful, but don't be modest!
  • Options
    Re: Cant get a job
    Originally posted by Lynx
    Ive tried agencys, retail, everything, i cant even get an interview, all the agencies dont think im suitable for jobs that ive done in the past. I duno what to do, i cant seem to get anywhere, while my other mates seem to get about 5 interviews a week, and they are going for the same job types i am!

Ask the agencies why they have come to that decision. If they can be more specific you might be able to do something about it.
  • Options
    mabe you need to brush up your interview techniques?
  • Options
    Give your CV a make over - take a look at some of our content on work and careers here. And apply directly for jobs, too, that way you are in control - keep pestering to show you are keen, always do your homework on the company and turn up prepared.
    Good luck
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    mabe you need to brush up your interview techniques?

I cant even get the interviews so its not that lol

Ive had some job offers so far now so hopefully something will happen.