Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

London (rant)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Everytime i go there it seems to get worse... is there anywhere decent on a saturday night that I can go without being told i'm underage cos i'm under 21? is there anywhere without some druggie sticking hash up your nose trying to sell it?

I mena i thought it wasn't great this time last year... but after trawling about for three hours on saturday with a mate getting rejected from everywhere, and having my first night ever without getting in anywhere, it really rankles with me. Central london on a saturday night (or indeed any other day maybe) must be avoided at all costs. Come up to the north instead.

Rant over.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well if your going to Central central london then yes, its going to be shite, places like Leicester Square are foul and indeed should be avoided at all costs.

There are however good clubs in London and good bars, you just have to know where your going thats all. And I think unlike with some of that smaller cities 'up north' you cant really just wander about because its too spread out.
    It's very unlikely you're going to go anywhere good clubbing wise in London without planning in advance and getting your names on the Guest List.

If you can't get into any place in Central London then just head for the nearest Walkabout - I'm sure you'll get in there and most are a good laugh.

But getting on a guest list in London is dead easy there's so many clubs with online guest lists.

But I dear say you're right I'm sure things are better up North.
    Theres good nights in London, you just have to look for them. The best nights tend not to advertise themselves that widely...
    Theres no difference about being on the guest list and not.. ive been on the guest list three times, only difference is you queue in a different queue (which can still be long if theres loads of guestlist people) and you dont get seached for drugs. Thats it, no difference so getting on guestlist is only worth while if your given it by djs/mcs. Id never pay extra like some people do. Occasionally you get a different bar to use, which is still packed!

Like Bongbudda has said, you need to know where to go. I love drinking and clubbing in town. Love it. Im 19, dont look it and ive never been asked to show my ID even when i was 17 so i dont really get why theyre asking you. Think youve been going to the wrong places its not too good to go in central london anyway, too expensive. West Central has a few good places but other than that u want to travel out a bit.

London is one of those places that the locals get more out of than the tourists when it comes to clubbing/pubbing because they know where the good places are, they know where not to go on what nights.. probably like most cities.
    I think the problem is a lot of people from other places, especialy other smaller cities, Newcastle or Manchester for example treat London as one city.

Its not really, its a big collection of small places, each with their own feel, pubs, clubs etc. Camden, Brixton, Vaxhall.... the list goes on.
    thats tru.. its not a city, what is it? a conurbation?!!

I completly agree with you there there... every area like u say has its own feel!
    I'm not really sure, yes of course technically it is a City in the reall definative use of the word. But you have to look at the way it has grown. Its really just a big collection of villiges that have fused over time.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm not really sure, yes of course technically it is a City in the reall definative use of the word. But you have to look at the way it has grown. Its really just a big collection of villiges that have fused over time.

hmm thats true. oh i love london. im thinking its a conurbation for some reason i have memories of my GCSE geography teacher saying london was a conurbation and 'within ten years it will merge with another city and be a megalopolis' like that happened!!!
    Hammersmith Palais was said to be good.
    Midnight to six man
    For the first time from Jamaica
    Dillinger and Leroy Smart
    Delroy Wilson, your cool operator

:D
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    :D
    Love that song.
    Glad someone got the reference. :D
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Glad someone got the reference. :D
    LOL well im quite pleased I know the proper words now. Joe Strummer could be hard to decipher at times.:)