Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where are the decent girls?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am 20 year old guy from just outside Glasgow in Scotland, and I feel Im the only person looking for love.

It seems that its all sex, sex, sex. Im not saying theres anything wrong with sex. Sex is a normal healthy thing, but what about love? Why are people so cynical about it?
I have experienced love before, and sure it hurts but its also wonderful. Love isnt about age its about what kind of person you are. At first I thought it was just a guy thing, u know the hard man crap! But when im out I noticed even many girls think loves all corny.

I've been single for a while now, and I have enjoyed going out clubbing pulling girls like any guy. But now Im starting to get fed up with kissing girls and never seeing them again! But it seems even girls are only up for a snog or sex.

Im not desperate infact I'm quite picky with girls, but it seems I'm the only guy who wants to meet a nice girl. I was out clubbing last nite and was totally lead on by a girl only to be let down, now I'd never do this to a girl!

My female friends say I'm good looking, 6foot brown hair athletic, and would treat a girl right (i.e not being too nice to her but not being a jerk with her) but it seems girls are getting just as bad as guys. I've been messed about by around 5 girls since Christmas. Where are the nice girls? When I hear a girl say "All guys are all B******* I understand what they mean cause any girl I meet seems to mess with my feelings.

I'm not overly mushy, infact I hate anything Over the top, all I want is a girl who thinks of other peoples feelings as well as her own! And why is it always the guys who treat girls like crap are the ones that keep a girl?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, why is that? I've been tossed around by a couple girls in the past, and I think it is because I'm too nice to them. I'm starting to believe what some of the people on these boards are saying about how girls start to take nice guys for granted. I want to know how to fix that.

Cole
  • Options
    where are the decent girls? with the guys that treat them like crap
  • Options
    jesus! you dont leave much room for discussion do you?

on the topic of taking nice guys for granted- i got paranoid this was happening with my gf and started (without planning or any real thought) to act a bit nasty sometimes.
    heres some advice- NEVER EVER DO THIS!!

EVER!

its very bad and works the wrong way- that is, often making the girl in question feel more cold towards you. in the occasional time it does work to evoke the passion you were yearning for, she is pained and hurt, and if you love her it hurts you.

we lash out at those we care about, but inevitably regret it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Thefairmelissa:
    <STRONG>a kiss really means something to me, and on the odd occasion that I've been "snog-raped" in a club, it really annoys me and makes me feel miserable.
    </STRONG>

I agree, although getting "snog raped" would be a novel a not wholely terrible experience. As you said. At least they've picked you.
  • Options
    I'm also in search for a decent girl, just one will do, one is all I ask for, just one will complete me...but where is she?

I currently am trying to meet new people, but the lack of time and social skills does limits me a lot.

Girls that I do know goes into three types in general:
    1. Decent girl, but has a boyfriend.
    2. Enjoy being single and pulling.
    3. Those I'm not interested in.

It's somewhat true that: If they are single, there's always a reason why.

Seriously depress...
    Chatbox
  • Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    no, but really folks...
    i dont think you get a decent anyone unless they are very honest and very kind and very selfless and very caring but i think these people become like this once they have suffered in relationships that have taught them a few things, then they can appreciate how some actions effect others and especially the people they are with.
  • Options
    "L's" thoughts:

i love my boyfriend and want to be iwit him forever! if someone is only interested in sex, then that means they probably dont want a long term relaitonship with you! You should not have relationship like that, find someone who is interested in you for you - when i met my boyfriend, i wasnt looking for a guy and it was much better the way things developed!

---

"J's" thoughts

Me thinks you should find someone and become great friends with that person in order to have a loving long-term relationship. For example, you may chat to someone in a lecture, with whom you have things in common. You could perhaps develop this...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily:
    [QB
    "J's" thoughts

Me thinks you should find someone and become great friends with that person in order to have a loving long-term relationship. For example, you may chat to someone in a lecture, with whom you have things in common. You could perhaps develop this...[/QB]

One major prob with this approach is you envarably fall into the 'just good friends' catagorgy with the girl in Question.

Catch 22 If you ask me.