Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Smoking anything vs. Your throat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just curious.... the first time you smoked, did it burn your throat? The first time I smoked weed, it burned my throat like crazy and made my tonsils bleed. I need to get my tonsils out because smoking weed made them enormous and swollen.

:yuck:

Comments

• Options
    That sounds pretty nasty, you might want to get a vapouriser.

I had trouble holding it in when I was younger.
  • Options
    I think the first time anyone ever tried weed it took them a bit by surprise and hurt their throat but what you described sounds a bit gruesome, I'd be slightly worried if my tonsils were bleeding.

I suppose just try again and see if the same thing happens, more than likely after a while you'll get used to it and will be able to hold it in without it being too harsh on your throat.

I think what helped me when I first started smoking weed was playing a lot of the game taxi (holding in however many tokes while the joint gets passed round the circle then breathing out when it gets back to you).
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma

I think what helped me when I first started smoking weed was playing a lot of the game taxi (holding in however many tokes while the joint gets passed round the circle then breathing out when it gets back to you).

My mates and i's gig smoking ritual :D
  • Options
    yep, when i first smoked a fag it burnt and same with weed

dont do weed anymore though, with all the random drug testing in any job its just not worth it
  • Options
    Yea at the start it was harsh on my throat but that's long gone now, you'll get used to it, same with cigs.

Are you sure smoking weed was the cause of your tonsils becoming swollen?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    That sounds a bit nasty Blnde_BombShell! Have you been to see your doctor about it? I think anyone who smokes would be a bit worried about a reaction like that.... And I'm not so sure undergoing surgery so you can possibly smoke is such a good idea.....
  • Options
    Some people just over sized tonsills and they have to be taken out other wise you keep getting throat infections.

A doctor we know thought that my mrs might have this so last time we were at the US ambassadors house he had a check and they were fine. And yes there was no point in that story apart from to name drop. I like stories.
  • Options
    I know, I had a tonsillectomy when I was 20 and had infections and complications and was in bed for about a month..... The older you are the nastier the recovery is, and I certainly wouldn't recommend the experience to any one!! I'm not sure what was worse, the op or the continuous bouts of tonsillitis..... all I got out of it is a lifelong addiction to super strength cough lozenges......

*studied disregard of blatant name drop*
  • Options
    It was the ambassadors house, not the Embassy, but I've been there a few times too, being on first name terms with the deputary ambassador.

Oh and I met David Milaband a few days ago too, he's under Charles Clark in the Education department. My wife trod on his foot by accident.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    And I'm not so sure undergoing surgery so you can possibly smoke is such a good idea.....
    i had my personality surgicaly removed to so i could smoke into old age without getting paranoid.
  • Options
    You had your personality removed?? What were you like before?!? :eek2:
  • Options
    - The Ambassadors house you say bong, well that is interesting, what a fascinating life you must lead.

- Well thank you, I try to mix with the right sort of people, you know.

- Oh how great you really are.
  • Options
    I was trying to ignore the out-of-character self importance, but please Mr Budda, tell us, we are all ears......

What are you doing on here so early anyways??
  • Options
    Ahhhh, you dont know do you! You've been away too long on your hols, you've lost touch with your flock.

I'm in gainful employment, I've joined the world of work! Shock Horror! And they are paying me quite well too.
  • Options
    Well well well!! Looks like you have a job that involves schmoozing and sitting about on the internet, congrats! Are you grooming yourself for PM then?
  • Options
    Oh the thing in Whitehall where I met David Milaband wasnt work related, it was just a social function that I was invited to thats all.

These types of things just happen really, I get a few invites, you know how things are in High Society. Well maybe you dont, but I do.

And yes, my work does involve me sitting around and going on the net every now and then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    These types of things just happen really, I get a few invites, you know how things are in High Society. Well maybe you dont, but I do.

Well excuse me, I didn't realise I was in such exalted company!!!:p

And yes, my work does involve me sitting around and going on the net every now and then.

That makes two of us then :D

Are you always this touchy?
  • Options
    I didnt think I was being touchy, a tad snobbish perhaps, but not really touchy. Sorry if I was.

I just wanted you all to know how I've been mixing with powerful and important people, so you could appreciate all the more the time I take to come on here with you lot.
  • Options
    Awww bless Mr Budda, feeling a bit underappreciated? Where would these forums be without you? Your are the mods choice, after all........
    And I was joking about the touchy, are you loosing your sense of humor now you are hanging out with movers and shakers?
  • Options
    Well, you have to take everything seriously in the politics game, one slip could mean a few point drop in the opinion polls.

Where would this board be without me? Well I dont know, maybe one of you mods might have to answer a question if you werent very careful!
  • Options
    Ouch!! You can't be a guru and a moderator Mr Budda, there is too much of an authority conflict!
  • Options
    Its good to have you back LadyJade, your always good for a bit of verbal sparing, of course I always win, but your a good sport. The other mods just come into the drugs section say "heres our factsheet" and leave us to get on with it.

Of course you all do a bang up job though, well done.
  • Options
    Cheers Bong! The problem with being a mod on the drugs board is that none of us want to give too much away.....

and you just keep on thinking you win if that makes you feel better.......
  • Options
    I knew it, the reason none of you post very often is because your all too twisted.

All this thesite nonsense is just a front isnt it.
  • Options
    How does it go Bong? Its all a lie, I never admitted to anything, I don't know what you are talking about.......
  • Options
    I understand, your secret is safe with me, we never had this conversation. Anyway, if you did get in any trouble I could pull strings for you, have a word with the right people, wink wink.
  • Options
    Ahh, the joy of knowing someone with friends in high places.......