Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

moving away for the 2nd year...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
has anyone got any experience of this? i'm living at home, in the city i've been in all my life and i swear i've had it. the city has bad memories for me, and i feel that moving away to a brand new town/city could do wonders for me. it's as naff as i thought it'd be, living at home. okay you save money but miss out on an awful lot of stuff. can i apply to do my 2nd year elsewhere now? or when clearing time arrives? i'm sure there'll be a way to do it, even if i have missed the deadline...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: moving away for the 2nd year...
    Originally posted by Natalie
    has anyone got any experience of this? i'm living at home, in the city i've been in all my life and i swear i've had it. the city has bad memories for me, and i feel that moving away to a brand new town/city could do wonders for me. it's as naff as i thought it'd be, living at home. okay you save money but miss out on an awful lot of stuff. can i apply to do my 2nd year elsewhere now? or when clearing time arrives? i'm sure there'll be a way to do it, even if i have missed the deadline...

Your best bet is to contact the admissions or course leaders for the uni and course that you would want to transfer to and find out what your options would be.

A lot of places will do credit transfer for the course points you have so far, but it will depend.
    okay, thanks for your reply :)
    i moved away for my third year. I could have stayed where i was coz it would have been finanically better etc but i was fed up like you. I'm so glad i did move coz it turns out that the uni i'm at now is a better one than the one i was at. Everyone thought i was mad to up sticks and move but its worked out better for me. I hope you do what you want to do and what you think is best for you. Good luck:)