Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Musn't Criticise the Darling Israelis

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Many of the complaints about jews (and Israel) are similar in fashion to what the facists used - and we all know how that ended.

As are the actions of the Israeli government, but to raise such obvious parallels is to spark the rabid reactionaries into foaming at the mouth and hurling irrational vitriole in defense of the indefensible.

As for your blanket dismissal of palestinian response to ceaseless Israeli occupation, wholesale murder of women and children, demolitions of houses, concentration camp-styled imprisonment and denial of movement and economic opportunity, I'd be so interested in seeing how peacefully non-resistant you'd be if your home, neighbourhood, city, etc.. were permanently occupied and you were forced out at gunpoint so that foreigners from Europe with no direct claim to the land could come and settle.

No, you wouldn't fight back, that'd make you a terrorist.
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    What we see here is a constant critcism of Israel and yet little criticism of the Terrorists - something which I have pointed out before... so we have criticism of the terrorism which Israel perpetrates, but not that of the Palestinians... I understand why he can see anti-semitism here...
    Actually, I think the issue has always been that while we can all agree that what Hamas are doing is illegal, and merits punishment, there is huge resistant to the suggestion that the Israelis can ever do wrong, which feeds anti-Israeli hatred and swells the ranks of Palestinian extremists. I think the Israeli politicians know that if they are reasonable, demographics will bring an end to the 'Jewish state' (think it was intended to be secular, originally) in a few years.
    Originally posted by Murph Redux
    In 1948 the Jewish State came into existance. That state was immediately attacked on all sides. It won that war and defended itself aver the succeeding decades.

There are arabs in the Knesset. Israel is a democracy.

I find it keenly interesting that Jews are being assaulted again all over Europe. Some things never change. The same vile accusations are being made against Jews as they have been for centuries.

The vile anti-semitism being displayed on this board would do any Nazi proud! Unless and until the right of Israel to exist is firmly established there can be no peace.

I also want to make perfectly clear that the term "never again" has a very deep meaning for me and many others. Israel will continue to exist and it will defend itself regardless. The chic new anti-semitism of Europes left is vile and disgusting!

We are not going to meekly march into gas chambers this time! You want us you come get us. You don't like us then come and get us! We are waiting for you to join your Palestinian friends who like to blow up children.

We will defend ourselves by all means possible and by any means necessary! We are as serious as death when we say"NEVER AGAIN"!!!

No Nazis here try bnp.com

regards and thanks for the well-balanced post