Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Musn't Criticise the Darling Israelis

A Lib-Dem MP makes accurate, but misguided, comments that she can see why many Palestinians are driven to becoming suicide bombers, and that if she was in a situation as desperate as theirs she might consider becoming a suicide bomber if she thought it would help things, and suddenly she's some sort of raving anti-Semite who thinks that the Jews belonged in Auschwitz.

Story

One quote from the Israelis ambassador really had my blood boiling:
I can tell you one thing, we must stand up against such remarks, which are an incitement against the state of Israel and against Jews.

Quite how slagging off the disgusting actions of a terrorist regime is an incitement against Jews is anybody's guess, and all it does is muddy the waters. Israel are little more than a fascist state, but that does not mean that THE JEWS are fascist filth- merely their Government. The Jews, more than anyone else, should understand this, given their history. The ambasasador is obviously one of the retards who think that killing innocent protestors is OK because they don't kow-tow to the Israeli regime, and he is obviously one who thinks that banning BBC journalists from Israel because they were critical of the Israeli walling process is a suitable way of promoting democracy and free speech.

The Israeli government makes me sick.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Musn't Criticise the Darling Israelis
    Originally posted by Kermit

The Jews, more than anyone else, should understand this, given their history.
    exactly ...homeless for thousands of years and they treat their neighbours like this!
  • Options
    The suicide bombers make me sick.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore

Oh, very droll.

Please remind me, isn't screwing the Palestinians into the ground INCREASING the numbers of suicide bombers, not DECREASING them?
  • Options
    they make a lot of people sick and a lot of people dead. a lot of these suicide bombers are inteligent family people ...doesn't that tell you something?
  • Options
    Once upon a time my Student Union took it upon themselves to call a general meeting to discuss the situation in palestine. Unsurprisingly it was called off when no-one turned up. I can't understand why anyone in the west concerns themselves with this silly civil war.

The Israelis and palestines are both equally to blame for the violence in the region, but the "Freinds of Israel" and the "Freinds of Palestine" both insist they are in the right. I say we should just ignore the lot of them and their squabble. It doesn't affect me, so why should I care if a bunch of foreigners want to blow each other up?
  • Options
    One of the subjects i am currently studying is History, I've just finished Germany 1919-39. I understand the situation that led to the rise of the Nazis and can say if I had been a German desperate and angry during the time I might have joined them.

Its a shame that when someone genuinely attempts to learn why something happens they should be condemned by the press and suffer in their career.

How the hell are you supposed to address a situation without understanding why it happens. Perhaps we should all take Captain Slogs approach.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    It doesn't affect me, so why should I care if a bunch of foreigners want to blow each other up?
    captain? you wouldn't make captain of the netball team!
  • Options
    Once upon a time my Student Union took it upon themselves to call a general meeting to discuss the situation in palestine. Unsurprisingly it was called off when no-one turned up. I can't understand why anyone in the west concerns themselves with this silly civil war.

The Israelis and palestines are both equally to blame for the violence in the region, but the "Freinds of Israel" and the "Freinds of Palestine" both insist they are in the right. I say we should just ignore the lot of them and their squabble. It doesn't affect me, so why should I care if a bunch of foreigners want to blow each other up?
    sorry but i had to come back. lots of civil wars and massacres ...genocides and ethnic cleansings ...limbs being hacked off children and mass hunger. apart from drug taking pop stars we try to ignore it as much as possible and and leave them to it ... in africa.
    have a guess at a couple reasons why the middle east is of more concern ...
  • Options
    The only surprising thing is that there are no more suicide bombers.

When a people are pushed to the disgusting extreme conditions the Palestinians have been pushed to for the last four decades, people will do irrational or even plain evil things out of desperation. Many Palestinians see such direct action as the only response to the evil oppression they find themselves the victims of. Seeing as nobody else can't be arsed/has the balls to bring the Israeli government into account, someone has to do something.

I guess it is within the rights of the Lib Dems to sack Jenny Tonge from the front bench, if they don't want to be associated with that kind of thing. I just wonder if the Lib Dems would have taken the same action had another MP said publicly that if they were an Israeli soldier they would be shooting dead unarmed 9 year old children too...
  • Options
    Well, feeling how she does, she could take up a case "nearer" home, and help the RIRA...

(Apart from that I am keeping out of this discussion)
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    they make a lot of people sick and a lot of people dead. a lot of these suicide bombers are inteligent family people ...doesn't that tell you something?

Intelligent family people?
    Could be discussed.

And yes, obviously I can't keep out of this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Well, feeling how she does, she could take up a case "nearer" home, and help the RIRA...

(Apart from that I am keeping out of this discussion)

Come on Jacqs, seeking to understand the motives of terrorism is very different from assisting terrorism. You cannot solve a problem without understanding it first.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    You cannot solve a problem without understanding it first.

Blow them all up. That'd solve the problem.

Maybe we're all missing the point- maybe Israel haven't gone far enough. Kill them all, and you'll have no suicide bombers.

Aladdin, in the case of the Lib-Dems I think that they probably would have been sacked. I'm not so sure with the other two main parties though.
  • Options
    Well, feeling how she does, she could take up a case "nearer" home, and help the RIRA.

You know full well that RIRA and ETA are not in the same situation- not now, anyway.

But anyway, why is trying to understand what drives people to be terrorists such a bad thing? Why is condemning flagrant human rights abuses such a bad thing?

Or is it that Palestinian lives don't actually matter to you, only Israeli ones?
  • Options

It does affect you. The injustice in Palestine is one of the roots of extremist Islam anti-West feeling.
  • Options
    Intelligent family people?
    Could be discussed.

And yes, obviously I can't keep out of this.
    It could indeed be discussed...

I believe they are intelligent family people. That far from the perception some have that people of Arab descent have a genetic impulse to blow up themselves when they grow up, they are like the rest of us: people who only wish to live in human conditions, with dignity, and to raise a family and have a good house and a good job. Just like the rest of us.

That many suicide bombers turn up to be university students, even people with degrees further demonstrates that far from being unintelligent, brainwashed ignorants who only blow themselves up because they hate Jewish people and they're looking forward to enjoying 70 virgins in heaven (what about the women bombers- are they promised 70 Johnny Depps when they go to heaven? :rolleyes: ) these people have been made to suffer to such extremes and have been robbed of virtually all hope of a life resembling normal, that they take the ultimate decision in an attempt to force the Israelis to do what no country in the world has.

Extreme conditions will push humans to carry out extreme acts.
  • Options
    Oh God.
    Basially I should have kept out of it, but try telling that to a lightweight having only a couple of beers last night (wonder if Clandestine is gonna imply that I am an alcoholic again :confused: )

The difference in the perceptions on this board regardng this case is well-known, and I really don't have the need to prove that further.
    Originally posted by Aladdin

That many suicide bombers turn up to be university students, even people with degrees
    :p
  • Options
    How can the perceptions on this case be well known when the post is only two days old eh? eh?

;)

ps stop jumping in to tell us your not taking part, Lightweight!

:p
  • Options
    Don't recall ever suggesting you were an alcoholic.

I do however cite you for continuing with your dismissive refusal to demonstrate substantive argumentation to support your defence of the illicit actions of the Israeli government toward Palestinians (which have gone on since prior to the very founding of the state to the present day).

Given that the Zionist movement which gave rise to the creation of modern secular Israel was European in origins as were the successive waves of immigrants, the moniker of "anti-semite" imposed upon any who dare question Israeli policies is itself a misnomer. The Palestinians are the predominate "semites" of the two populations making the Israeli government the actual anti-semites and they are twisting the term and diluting its proper meaning in order to deaden all viable and rightful scrutiny of their actions.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/anti_semites.htm
    Excerpt:

Firstly, one needs to consider what the term ‘Semite’ refers to before one can understand its antithesis. The Pan Macmillan Encyclopaedia provides the following definition:

Semites – a group of peoples, including the Jews and the Arabs, said in the Bible to be descended from Shem, Noah’s eldest son. The Semetic languages consist of a group of languages spoken in North Africa to the Southwest corner of Asia. Examples are Aramaic, Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and Maltese.

Therefore, a Semite does not only refer to Jews, but to all peoples who speak Semetic languages and this certainly includes Arabs. Israeli society is in fact dominated by people ethnically known as ‘Ashkenazi’ Jews, referring to the Jews that have a Germanic and Slavic background who have migrated in large numbers from Europe and the USA since the state of Israel became firmly established. Today, around 85% of all Jews are Ashkenazim. According to Abraham Pollock, Professor of Medieval Jewish History at Tel Aviv University: "The large majority of world Jewry is descended from the Jews of Khazaria" [From: The Thirteenth Tribe by Arthur Koestler, Random House, 1976 p226]. Most of these Ashkenazi Jews actually have no ethnic or historical connection with ancient Israel and are actually descendants of a Turkic people who created a kingdom called Khazaria, and the sovereign of this kingdom embraced Judaism in the seventh century. This is supported by the American People’s Encyclopaedia 1964 [15-292] which records that: "In 740 the Khazars officially converted to Judaism…it is from this grouping that most German and Polish Jews are descended and they likewise make up a considerable part of that population found in the USA. The term Ashkenazim is now applied to this…division". Dr Alfred Lillenthal, who has spent his life in educating Americans about the Middle East, writes that: "That the Khazars are the lineal ancestors of Eastern European Jewry is a historical fact".

Jewish historians and religious textbooks acknowledge this fact, though propagandists of Jewish nationalism belittle it as ‘pro-Arab propaganda’ [From: What Price Israel, Henry Regency, 1953]. He also adds in the same book: "These Askhenazim Jews…have little or no trace of Semitic blood" [p222]. Thus based on this evidence, one may reasonably conclude that the majority of Jews in the world today are actually not Semites, neither by descent nor by ethnicity, as most of the Jews in Israel, Europe and the Americas are culturally more European anyway seeing as their ancestors became almost fully immersed in European culture because they lived in Europe for centuries.

The gravest error in all this is the knee reactionary argument which is derived from flagrant nationalistic sentiment more than a rational search for peace and social justice and the accountability of the political elite of Israel. It is this position which inspires and fuels the media and nearly all international fora in refusing to address the atrocities committed by Israel and condemning any who dare raise their voice in protest (even when the protestors themselves are Jewish by faith).

The suggestion is that we who uphold the right of Palestinians to be free from nearly 40 years of occupation, daily rocket and sniper attacks, demolition of homes and the virtual imprisonment into squalid ghettos guarded by IDF conscripts must hate all Jews and must by extension seek the eradication of the state of Israel is absurd and a clear avoidance of the issues.

This is nothing more than emotive and reactionary non-argument intended to divert legitimate culpability from those who wish to perpetuate the "victim" mentality as a means of excusing the very sort of human rights abuses for which we have invaded and toppled other leaders (usually Muslim).

The hypocrisy is breathtaking!

Manufacturing anti-semites

Branding critics of Israeli racism anti-semites
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Don't recall ever suggesting you were an alcoholic.

You didn't use the word alcoholic but your words could not be mistaken.
    Read this, and continue 2 posts down in the same thread. There you go.
  • Options
    Didnt bother reading your own post just above then (hardly surprising) it seems. My comment was merely a response based on your own acknowledgement of that night's activity.

No suggestion of any longterm addiction made by me in that thread. Seems you delight in twisting other's words to serve your own apparent paranoia.

Harping on such non-issue related drivel however merely underscores how ill equipped you are to intelligently debate the substance of the discussion at hand. Par for the course I suppose.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    It does affect you. The injustice in Palestine is one of the roots of extremist Islam anti-West feeling.
    And why do they equate Israel with the west? Because America gave them lots of weapons. Thanks Mr Bush, you really helped calm the situation down, there.:rolleyes: As I said, we shouldn't be taking sides. The best thing the west could do is slap an arms embargo on 'em and leave them to it.
    have a guess at a couple reasons why the middle east is of more concern ...
    Er, Oil? And who consumes more of that than anywhere else inthe world? The USA, of course. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to telling them where to stick their "special relationship".
  • Options
    captain? you wouldn't make captain of the netball team!
    No, I can't catch for a start. Oh sorry, were you trying to insult me?
  • Options
    No, I can't catch for a start. Oh sorry, were you trying to insult me?
    i was indeed ...sorry about that captain i was a little intoxicated and what seemed so funny last night does appear rather pathetic this morning ...oh the joys of a drop of irish.
  • Options
    Apology accepted.:)
  • Options
    And why do they equate Israel with the west? Because America gave them lots of weapons. Thanks Mr Bush, you really helped calm the situation down, there.:rolleyes: As I said, we shouldn't be taking sides. The best thing the west could do is slap an arms embargo on 'em and leave them to it.
    Add that to what the US should have done a long time ago, stop giving unconditional support to whatever atrocities Israel felt like commiting (and that means no more of this!!! ) and also an immediate stop to all economic and military aid until Israel fulfills its obligations, and you would see lasting peace flourish faster than you can say "Ariel Sharon is a fat bastard".
  • Options
    a lot of these suicide bombers are inteligent family people ...doesn't that tell you something?

That they are neither 'desperate' or'poor'. The majority of suicide bombers are middle-class, educated and motivated by a mixture of nationalism, religious fanatisism and hatred of the Jews.

For example, take Hanadi Jaradat, a law student, age 21 who kileld 21 Israelis and wounded many more in an explosion at the Maxim restaurant a few weeks ago. This restaurant was half-owned by an Arab family and several Arabs were killed in the explosion. Those who send the bombers are against ALL forms of Jewish-Arab negociation, even peace negociations.

The Israelis hit back, it is what any country under attack from these fanatics would do.

Israel must destroy the suicide networks, and we must give them full assistance to do so.
  • Options

Israel must destroy the suicide networks, and we must give them full assistance to do so.
    ...and the way to destroy that terrorism is to let the palestinians have their own state ...with borders ...without occupation. but no ...you seem to want israel to be able to occupy illegaly someone elses land ...and be able to kill the fuckers who are complaining about being occupied. does this make sense to you?
    the jews were denied their own state for generations ...when they get one they refuse to let others acheive the same ...does this make sense to you?
    the israelis have broken and ignored more united nations resolutions than any nation on earth ...with impunity ...does this make sense to you?
  • Options
    ...and the way to destroy that terrorism is to let the palestinians have their own state ...with borders ...without occupation. but no ...you seem to want israel to be able to occupy illegaly someone elses land ...and be able to kill the fuckers who are complaining about being occupied. does this make sense to you?
    the jews were denied their own state for generations ...when they get one they refuse to let others acheive the same ...does this make sense to you?
    the israelis have broken and ignored more united nations resolutions than any nation on earth ...with impunity ...does this make sense to you?

:yes: agreed
  • Options
    the israelis have broken and ignored more united nations resolutions than any nation on earth

What about Iraq, the US and Zimbabwe?