Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nervous

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i have got my driving test (practical) in the morning and i am sooooooooo nervous its really getting to me.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to calm the nerves?

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    well, alcohol is not the best of nerve calming ideas for this situation :D
  • Options
    try bach's rescue remedy. it's a homeopathic flower remedy which you can pick up from boots for less than a fiver.
  • Options
    As long as you are not nervous during the test then you'll be fine.

It's is expected to be nervous before hand. I've done 2 tests now & I'm still bricking it every time before the test.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys, im not really a drugs person and prefer to rely on natural things than drugs.

I guess theres no beating it, i just have to face the facts.

Thanks anyway :)
  • Options
    you can get kalms from boots, but it's a bit late, you might be able to get them from a supermarket. I'm not sure if they work, I take them when I have exams though, maybe it's worth a go.

But don't worry it's natural to be nervous. Try and have a nice relaxing night.
  • Options
    good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    I know it's not the ideal way to deal with it, but just take your test and see what happens, examiners understand that you nervous, i was crippled with fear on my first driving test (and failed) but on my second one i knew what to expect and so i wasn't as worried and drove brilliantly (got like 3 minors in total!)
  • Options
    I know its a bit late but good luck!!! Driving tests are never as bad as u think they're gonna b....I'm sure u'll b fine. Let us know how ya do!x
  • Options
    Well done on the test Stinger!

Thanks for the support everyone, il see how things go and il keep you posted :)
  • Options
    hehe im having mine in less than 2 months. i really wanna pass first go. woot.
  • Options
    I wouldnt take something like Kalms if I were you, as you need your wits about you. Rescue remedy is good for nerves, its a bach flower remedy and a lot of people swear by it. I got my husband some when he was having panic attacks, I also used it myself on my first day back to work, and its completely safe.
  • Options
    Well iv done it, and to be honest i was fine when the test started, the examiner made me feel quite comfortable.

Still failed though :(

Got 7 driving errors and 1 major..................observation DAMN YOU MIRRORS
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Still failed though :(

Got 7 driving errors and 1 major..................observation DAMN YOU MIRRORS

Well I got 10 minors & 3 majors on my 1st go so you did better than me :)

Roll on test number 2 that will be the one :yes:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Yep sure will, i only hope it comes soon :)