Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont know whats up with me i've started to get a really short temper and seem to lash out quite badly. its gettin quite obvious at school as well as i'm being told by many teachers that i look glum. i dunno what to do i ws going to go to the doctors but i feel a bit stupid. i've also been smoking quite alot of puff to calm me down could it be that please help!

Comments

• Options
    Re: help!!!
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    i dont know whats up with me i've started to get a really short temper and seem to lash out quite badly. its gettin quite obvious at school as well as i'm being told by many teachers that i look glum. i dunno what to do i ws going to go to the doctors but i feel a bit stupid. i've also been smoking quite alot of puff to calm me down could it be that please help!
    it could indeed be the puff mate. how much is quite a lot? how much is to much?
    i'm the same to be honest but i seem to always be like this in the winter. how old are you and what have you got on your plate at the mo?
  • Options
    im nearly 16 the usual stuff on my plate like home and shit its jus got me worried now as i've neber been like this before
  • Options
    im nearly 16 the usual stuff on my plate like home and shit its jus got me worried now as i've neber been like this before
    i suspect the dope aint helping ...smoke a bit less maybe? give it a break and save it for friday saturday nights for a while? you obviously suspect it's the weed as well. at your age you wouldn't be at your best if you were downing whiskey everyday either. give it a rest my man ...for a little while.
  • Options
    Control yourself and have a toke at weekends...but if your angry you might feel like smoking and then you will, do you smoke cigs?
  • Options
    Hi there

If you have a few problems at home etc, smoking will simply be masking your problems, allowing you to escape them, yet also delaying you from dealing with things. This is more likely why you are getting angry, I'd recommend you take a break from the blow (or at least cut down) and address all the other 'shit' you've got going on. If you want to tell us a little more about your situation we may be able to offer some advice. You could also consider confiding in a mate, relative or tutor, or calling the following helpline:

Careline
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500

Mind guide to dealing with anger

BBC article: controlling your anger

Take care

Susie :)
  • Options
    I know what you mean, that type of anger which has no real cause as such but yet is all encompasing.

I had that for at least three full years when I was a teenager, its not a good feeling to loose control of your emotions like that.

I also smoked loads, I would get completely off my head whenever I could, which was quite often because both my parents worked. It doesnt help.

I'd go to the doctor, ask him/her about the possibility of you being put forward for an interview with a social worker. This is just a standard routine and they evaluate how best to help you.

I hope it works out.
  • Options
    thanks but if i go to the doctors and ask to see a social worker wont my parents be informed cos i dont need them knowing about my social activities. they'll go off key
  • Options
    thanks but if i go to the doctors and ask to see a social worker wont my parents be informed cos i dont need them knowing about my social activities. they'll go off key
    if your not yet 16 i think the doc could indeed tell your parents ...the fact that your doing something illegal and possibly dangerous to your well being.
    i know you have probably heard this before but please think about it ...at your age your brain mind and body are still developing ...hormones and all that. but your brain/mind development can be confusing as a teenager ...none of us realy see it at the time but i think we can safely say that puberty is a very real problem. you are messing with your developing mind ...in my opinion in a way that could alter or faulter that develpment unless you change your habits.
    did you know that the THC in your weed ...the bit your enjoying, is chemicaly very very close to the female hormone estrogeon.(sp)
    ? in a fully grown person such as myself it aint going to have big results but it has been shown that in very large doses ...doses your never likely to have ...the male facial hair can fail to develop and even breast enlargement is possible? now thats not going to happen to you ...but you are taking a chemical substance than can and does mimic female hormones ...can't be good in a developing human.
    me ...done all my developing thankfully and am now unravelling!
  • Options
    yeah i know this one, used to smoke constantly when i was 15-17, and yeah i was really snapped, introverted and irritable (although everyone's different).

I wish i had cut down earlier, rather than leaving it and having to stop (toward the end i wasnt enjoying it)

why dont you treat it as a luxury? if you use it more sparringly (say only at weekends) you might start to feel better and also enjoy getting stoned more, as your resistence might decrease.

Also try getting more exercise, go play football with ur mates or something. Meet up and go swimming or something (exercise stimulates the production of serotonin, which can improve your mood). That one worked particularly well for me and my mates.

Hope u feel better :D