Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

beards about to be banned!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just read in the paper that france are considering banning overtly religous beards! who the fuck are these people and what are they on?
how do you decide what is a religous beard?
the taliban would lock you up if it wasn't at least two inches long.
now if it is ...the taliban are ...how fucking mad can our great leaders become before we lock them away ...

Comments

• Options
    Next will be dreadlocks
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Next will be dreadlocks
    i would not be surprised mate. if they ban being bald i'm fucked!
  • Options
    Well, I wonder how the citizens of Paris will respond once headscarfs and beards are fashionable.
  • Options
    just remembered one of the past tennis stars Yannick Noah had dreads, I wonder if they would have banned him from playing :rolleyes:

btw bald could be interpreted as a buddhist monk thing, your banned mate :lol:
  • Options

btw bald could be interpreted as a buddhist monk thing, your banned mate :lol:
    think i'll have a combover tattooed on ...
  • Options
    Combover = Mormon tendencies
  • Options
    Combover = Mormon tendencies
    LMFAO!
    i'll avoid france i think.
  • Options
    That is the biggest load of shit, like come on, how can anyone say what a human being should have and shouldn't have on their face...it's only a fucking beard, another load of bullshite, just like that sperm internet bollox, whats the world gonna be like in 50 years?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    whats the world gonna be like in 50 years?

what's the world gonna be like next week? we'll never know for sure. *feels philosophical*
  • Options
    Do Jewish males ever frequent nude beaches in France? Not for much longer, I fear...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Do Jewish males ever frequent nude beaches in France? Not for much longer, I fear...
    oh deary me ...
    what i would like to know is, are the french people just going along with this? if tony bliar announced such things, surely we'd all be up in arms ...and growing beards.
    the scarf for muslim women is a symbol of their freedom to leave their houses and go to work school etc. the beards issue is ridiculous in the extreme. the french are surely behaving like the taliban in supressing people ...especialy muslims.
  • Options
    France is just fucking ridiculous as a country anyway. All they can do is recommend good resteraunts to invading armies.
  • Options
    A bit of a sweeping generalisation that wasn't it Whowhere?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

the scarf for muslim women is a symbol of their freedom to leave their houses and go to work school etc.

Wow, what a freedom!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Wow, what a freedom!
    that might not be the way we see it but ask a muslim woman ...they wear that scarf with pride. it realy is a symbol that they are free to join the rest of us but according to custom they should dress correctly and modestly. did you know that even in the bible it states that a woman cannot pray in front of a man without her head covered.
    what gives the french authorities the right to behave like the taliban?
  • Options
    Veiling is thought to liberate women because it stops men from looking upon her body lustfully. I remember asking a muslim why women wear veils and he said.

Pointing to a shop wall

"What is behind that wall? You can't see and because you can't see you have no desire to break in and get it."

Many muslim women wear veils and scarfs with pride. I think scarfs are of similar functions to veils.
  • Options
    I was speaking to the editor of the Muslim News last night at a reception and he was saying that he thinks they wont actualy enforce this law or the headscaves one.

He also commented that it wont be a nationwide ban anyway because there are areas of Eastern France that didnt sign up the the seperation of Church and State law that this is based on.

Also he said that Jewish Schools that are State funded will also be exempt from this law.

Nice bloke.
  • Options
    in todAys guardian ...sihks being told that turbans may well be banned as well ...along with jewish s kull caps.
  • Options
    Think they'll ban the wearing of the crucifix?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Think they'll ban the wearing of the crucifix?
    large ones are already on the list moon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    A bit of a sweeping generalisation that wasn't it Whowhere?

Doesn't mean it isn't true. When was the last time the French managed to successfully repel an invasion.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Doesn't mean it isn't true. When was the last time the French managed to successfully repel an invasion.....
    the french don't fight ...just tell you that they'll get very very angry if you wear a hat.
  • Options
    The last French victory was 1066 wasnt it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    The last French victory was 1066 wasnt it?

I seem to remember a certain Napoleon Bonaparte had quite a lot of success...and we never actually beat him in battle, don't forget.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

1914-1918 wasn't it?

And we aren't so hot on repelling invasions, we've been invaded loads AND they had to come across the sea to get us!
  • Options
    ...and we haven't won the world cup since ...since 1067.
  • Options
    Not that I would wish to have to choose... but if I had to choose between a country blessed with outstanding beauty, great weather, about the best food and wine found in the world, style, fashion and countless others, and a country who is good at wars, I know very well what my choice would be. Before anyone says anything, I'm not suggesting that Britain or any other country around is only good at making war. All I'm saying is that I would never trade France's many wonders for military glory.

Besides all this talk of France's military being useless is about as relevant as saying the Germans today are all Nazis. As it happens France today has an armed forces that are second to none in Europe. They don’t even need multi-country alliances to make their own state-of-the-art combat aircraft, and they deliver it on time and on budget too.
  • Options
    ...and france seem to be leading the way in legislating against the choice of the individual. the west seems to be filling up with pen pushing idiots. can't smoke can't wear a hat ...must have a shave ...what are we creating ...or more like destroying.
    wake up everyone!
    or does it all just seem like silly little things ...at the moment.
  • Options
    yeah i agree.

U see Charles Kennedy sacked his Children's spokeswoman after she expressed solidarity with the Palestinians.

The comment the got everyone all hot and bothered was when she stated that she could well understand the plight and motivation of the suicide bombers, as well as stating that if she were in their position she may have become one.

She also compared their plight to those of the Jews in Warsaw's ghettos under the Nazis.

Predictably she was fired. No attempt to clarify the comments, no debate, just sacked.

Now this is just the stupid PC reaction.

This woman made one of the few geniune attempts at empathy with terroist groups you'vew seen. Rather than attacking, she was trying to understand.

Whats wrong with that?

She didnt say she approved of it.

She didnt say she agreed with it.

She didn t say even she WOULD do it.

Just said she understood.

With all this war on terror maybe fewer persons would feel the need to partake in terrorist actions if they didnt feel threatened all the time, y'know, felt a bit of understandiing was goin on.:confused:

(aplogies for the length of the post)