Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could all you people who have jobs wrote a short description of your job and what it entails, the job prospects etc. please?
I ask because I am currently really unsure of what I would like to do. The job i was planning on doing, I am now unsure of doing due to personal reasons...
So if you could help me out, I'd be greatful.
Thanks in advance
K

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I suppose it all depends on what you like doing and what you want from a job..

I work for an Insurance Broker, a small company of about 18 people in our office (with two offices in other towns but I've never met the other staff there!). I know a lot of people will yawn at "insurance" but at the minute I don't get all that involved in the insurance side of things. I'm a PA to three blokes and a typist for three more, along with doing some accounts and other admin work. I enjoy my job because the people are great to work with, I get support when I need it from my bosses but can work on my own too, which impresses them! ;) In the future I can move away from the admin side of things and on to arranging insurance and putting together presentations about each client. I'm happy where I am for now, but knowing I can move up soon enough is also encouraging :) My job is varied enough for me to never get bored and I'm the sort of person who likes getting involved and organising things, so I'm happy when I've got something to get my teeth into and then it all comes together in the end - I've just spent the last two months arranging our office relocation.. Talk about job satisfaction when that all ran like clockwork! :D