Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What do I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been in a relationship for the last 10 months with the most wonderful girl and I couldn't imagine being with anyone else, but...I feel as though we seem to be going around in circles.

We're both 17 and go to college and we've known each other since we were about 11. We have problems being close too each other and expressing our feelings when we're together. The thing is, we usually end up sorting things out over emails or text messages which isn't very nice. We have talked about things like sex but again, usually over emails or text messages. Sad isn't it!!

I know she feels as though we're stuck as well but for some reason it hasn't been sorted out. We have briefly discussed it and promised to try and get passed it all but nothing ever seems to happen. I think the main problem is that we've been friends for so long and feel a little uncomfortable in a serious relationship due to our history, but sometimes I feel as though it's more than that.

There is more small things as well but I don't want to bore anyone with the details.

I don't know whether anyone else has experienced anything like this but if you have, any advice would be gratefully appreciated on the matter.

I just don't know how to begin to sort this out and I know that if it doesn't then there probably won't be much of a chance of us having any kind of future together.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by jamq84 (edited 11-08-2001).]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the most obviosu thing is that you have to talk. Even if it is over the internet etc. Doing stuff face to face isn't the nicest but you could discus things you like doing etc. then you could just dot hem when you meet up. although it's advisable to talk face to face. Don't jump straight into it but why don't you try discusing small thing the work you way up to the SEX one!
    Kat's right. You have got to talk to your girlfriend about what the problems are and you have both got to be willing to start being more open. Its not easy talking about things that are wrong but its the first step to making things right. It looks like you and your girlfriend are willing to make a go of it so meet up on neutral ground (not her place or your place) and have a good long talk. You'll feel better about it afterwards.
    Thanx 4 the advice. I'll give it a go and let you all know how it turns out. Thanx again.
    Just be yourself, i know it's easier said than done. if you do make a fool out yourself at least you can BOTH have a laugh bout it!!