Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"End Cot Deaths" say Court of Appeal

Story.

About time too, I reckon. As the CoA say, a few women might possibly get away with it, but in any civilised society that is preferable to innocent women being jailed for life, and having their children taken from them, for crimes they did not commit.

It's just a shame they didn't go even further and force Professor Roy Meadow to stand trial for perverting the course of justice for what he did- he is a scumbag who deservs to be in prison for a very, very long time.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah thats good news, mistakes have been made and it will mean an end to any more mistakes.
    These women who have been wrongly accused must have been to hell and back.
  • Options
    no other criminal investigation would even reach the courts with ...no evidence. just the opinion of an 'expert'.
    most of these women have had the support of family freinds gp's etc ...so the evidence has actualy pointed to innocence.
    imagine being charged with murder and there is no evidence at all as to how the person died ..none! just one guy stands up and says that in his opinion ...
    how the hell has a situation like that ever been allowed to exist?
    they reckon there could be as many as 50,000 kids in care cos of these cases ...and it's too late to now reunite them with their real parents. fucking sad. very very sad.
  • Options
    Re: "End Cot Deaths" say Court of Appeal
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It's just a shame they didn't go even further and force Professor Roy Meadow to stand trial for perverting the course of justice for what he did- he is a scumbag who deservs to be in prison for a very, very long time.

We should also ask why Judges allowed his evidence to stand...

I'm certainly pleased to see this ruling though...
  • Options
    Re: Re: "End Cot Deaths" say Court of Appeal
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    We should also ask why Judges allowed his evidence to stand...

Its common doctrine in the judiciary to believe the testimonies of expert witnesses unless the testimonies are found to be false. The judges, basically, are scared of the medical profession, and dont ever want to query it unless they absolutely have to.

Medical negligence is something that annoys me greatly, and the way the law treats it makes my blood boil.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: "End Cot Deaths" say Court of Appeal
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Medical negligence is something that annoys me greatly, and the way the law treats it makes my blood boil.

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

What actually worries me is that the juries didn't give as much credence to the medical opinion which suggested that it is even more statisically unlikely to have mulitple murders than mulitple cot deaths...