Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bruises

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a bunch of bruises that I cant let my boss see. She will freak out and I cant wear clothes to cover them up because they are mainly on my face and arms. Is there any way to make the process of a bruise going away any faster? Is there any supplement I could take? I try makeup, but it isnt really working. I got them 1 day ago and they need to be gone in 2 days. they are still very dark and kind of a purple red color. Is there any hope??? :(

Comments

• Options
    only thing i think i could suggest is use ice to try and bring the swelling out. quicker to get rid of that the easier it should be to heal right? :confused: anyway thats just a guess... reason i posted is cause im curious how you got em?
  • Options
    Arnica cream.
  • Options
    Apparently, a natural remedy, actually more like a catalyst for the remedy of bruises, is mint. Hence where the story about putting toothpaste on hickeys to get rid of them started.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karma Killer
    only thing i think i could suggest is use ice to try and bring the swelling out. quicker to get rid of that the easier it should be to heal right? :confused: anyway thats just a guess... reason i posted is cause im curious how you got em?

me and my boyfriend got in a little fight....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell

know whats really good for bruises? dont get hit in the first place!!

i think you should be worrying less about the bruises, and more about why you are with a guy that would hit you. men that hit women are scum, and you shouldnt have to go through that.
  • Options
    Witch Hazel might help
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    was kinda worried it maybe something like that, and if i was you i would go with paperdoll's advice! :D

sorry, its the best advice i can offer for your bruises!
  • Options
    Hold on

I know this is going to start off something huge (and it will have been done before) but not all men who have hit a woman are scum.

To be clear, I haven't hit a woman, but I have been pretty close sometimes.

What is a guy meant to do if a girl or a couple of girls are beating the shit out of them? I, for one, believe that if the circumstances are right then bloody well give her a slap. Women want equality, (and I also know some pretty handy women who would do far more than "scratch your eyes out" as the delightful mis-conception about girls fighting goes) and so if you dish it out you should expect to get something back. Period.

Fair enough, at times you could run away from the situation, but sometimes that ain't an option.

True scenario:

A friend of mine (about 12 years ago now, mind) was sitting in a shopping mall and a female friend of his kept hitting him in the balls. Really hitting him, thinking this was funny (and not realising the pain this causes). After the 7th (yes, SEVENTH) time, he said "if you do that again, I will knock you out". So, she hit him again and he knocked her out. One punch. To me that was fair enough. She was well out of line and she got more than a fair warning.

If a bloke just belts a girl if they are having a barny, then that is another story all together. Under the correct circumstances though, I believe men are perfectly within their rights to retaliate!

Abused husbands - too right! Yet the women generally get nothing said against them due to them being "of the fairer sex". Be male and even raise your hand against a female and you are instantly classed as "scum".

Discuss.
  • Options
    Personally I could never hit my mrs, if she was getting abusive, which she never does I'd just get my coat and sod off down and pub or to my mates or whatever.

I can see your point about sometimes, maybe it not being acceptable but, well you should have the right to defend yourself. In most cases though it is totaly the blokes fault and women shouldnt put up with it.

Think carefully and clearly about where your relationshio is going.

And as someone else mentioned Arnica will help, it stinks like nothing else on earth though, no-one will be able to get close enough to see the bruising.