Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Summer work...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Usually over the summer i've worked for friends or people i have contact with in london, so i never needed to organise it really. But this year i just want to stick around in liverpool and get some bar work - how far in advance do you need to make enquiries? I mean i don't want to be too early, but obviously not too late!

When is the best time to ask about? (i'm probably just going to e-mail various places and ask directly rather than keep checking for job vacancies)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I doubt it would matter that you asked too early, as the bar would know you are keen to get work and may be more likely to contact you with job vacancies if u leave them your details. That would be my view on it anyway, dont know for sure.
    I'd say go as early as possible, but not too early. Don't ask right now because they'll just tell you to call back in a month or two. Start asking in late May, before universities finish and before the tourist season (is there one in Liverpool? ;) ) starts so they have time to train you up to standard. :)

Happy Hunting!
    Originally posted by Brantree
    before the tourist season (is there one in Liverpool? ;)

2008 man! :p
    In february the careers people are doing alot of stuff but i think thats based around job skills and summer placements rather than finding a summer job in liverpool. Though that said there are a couple of ones about part time jobs...

Maybe apply and start working this semester then carry it on over summer. I mean, youre only a geographer, you'll have plenty of time! :P

Anyway, they should have dropped you off a leaflet, if not i'll bring mine along (are you doing any more EOSC stuff?) or call in at the careers centre (where ever it is) or look on their site (what ever it is)