Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saving for uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Wonder if any of you could help m. I enrolled at Aston ui in 2002 butleft after e first year when i decided the course was not for me . i now am working full time and have applied to uni for september.

My current money situation is not great i spent a lot of money at aston and i am 1500 over drawn. My girlfriend is currently is Oz untill June i cant decide if i should save the mony i earm to put it towards returning to ni and paying off over drafts or go visit her!! i will need money for uni but going 2 oz would be so good and i would love 2 see my girlfriend.

After tax i earn about £800 and i pay £250 and i need 2 buy petrol for work ect. Any advice you guys could give me would be great.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Save for uni. Money gets vacuumed up here, it's amazing. You can go to Oz at a later date, it's not money you'll regret spending, but you shouldn't travelling if you don't have your financial situation in any sort of shape.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I don't think anyone else but you knows the answer to this :no:

I can't say "do this..." because I'm not you, and it's your decision. I don't know how things are with your girlfriend.
  • Options
    Re: Saving for uni

Personally I'd pay off the debt you have and then save up for uni.

If you then have enough to go and visit your girlfriend then go. If not, don't.

You'll regret going to uni with no money, or worse, with your debts from last year.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Saving for uni
    Originally posted by .NK
    Personally I'd pay off the debt you have and then save up for uni.

If you then have enough to go and visit your girlfriend then go. If not, don't.

You'll regret going to uni with no money, or worse, with your debts from last year.

This sounds like good advice to me and would be what i would suggest or even what i would do if i was in that situation.
  • Options
    Re: Saving for uni
    Originally posted by Birmingham_boy
    Wonder if any of you could help m. I enrolled at Aston ui in 2002 butleft after e first year when i decided the course was not for me . i now am working full time and have applied to uni for september.

My current money situation is not great i spent a lot of money at aston and i am 1500 over drawn. My girlfriend is currently is Oz untill June i cant decide if i should save the mony i earm to put it towards returning to ni and paying off over drafts or go visit her!! i will need money for uni but going 2 oz would be so good and i would love 2 see my girlfriend.

After tax i earn about £800 and i pay £250 and i need 2 buy petrol for work ect. Any advice you guys could give me would be great.

Girlfriends may come and go, the only thing which will accompany you throughout life for certain is you. I'm not saying forget your gf or that it won't work out, but sometimes you need to look after yourself first. I, as millions of others have, have been in a position where we thought someone was incredibly important and maybe gave things up for them, then when they're no longer in your life, you'll wish you'd have looked after number one a bit more.