Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Rejection again and again and again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well yesterday met a really nice girl at the pub through a mate, thought she liked me as we had been chatting on the net for a few days and she really wanted to see me and told me i was really cute and sweet and really nice and should see her. So i had fun at the pub thought she might like me but wasnt to sure, she cuddled me and gave me kisses on the lips but that doesnt mean anything.

she invited me out tonight, so i go, and well she doesnt want me at all, i felt so bored tonight, no one chatted to me, it was as if i was invisable, no one cuddled me, all the girls were off chatting to other blokes, i felt so rejected and alone and bored, that im now at home typing this, i left early as i felt so down :(

ive had 4 rejections now since the start of the year, theres always something wrong, they like someone else, or im not good enough, or not their 'type' or what ever, theres always a crappy reason and its getting me so down no body wanting me :'(

Comments

• Options
    <rant>poor you dude, i going through the same at the moment, at uni theres noone i can even call my friend since everyone has people theyd all rather be off doing things with instead of me, and when i go out im treated like im invisible, and the girls i know back home all the ones i get on great with, im just mate,and it really does jsut take the piss</rant>

alli can suggest is trial and error, all i try to do...
  • Options
    Lynx, did you even make an effort to talk to her?
    she invited you out.. just because she didnt give you cuddles tonight doesn't really mean anything. sometimes at the beginning of things, people feel a bit awkward, like the next time they see someone after something has just happened. just because they want it to happen yet for some reason feel a lil shy or want the boy to chase them a bit..like make the first move.

perhaps you should talk to her some more on the net and find out if she likes you. she was probably gutted when you left early.
  • Options
    Re: Rejection again and again and again
    Originally posted by Lynx
    told me i was really cute and sweet and really nice and should see her. So i had fun at the pub thought she might like me but wasnt to sure, she cuddled me and gave me kisses on the lips but that doesnt mean anything.

keep being "cute" and you'll meet tons of gorgeous lovely girls who will adore you. not that they'll be interested. ever.

just a tip. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    Lynx, did you even make an effort to talk to her?
    she invited you out.. just because she didnt give you cuddles tonight doesn't really mean anything. sometimes at the beginning of things, people feel a bit awkward, like the next time they see someone after something has just happened. just because they want it to happen yet for some reason feel a lil shy or want the boy to chase them a bit..like make the first move.

perhaps you should talk to her some more on the net and find out if she likes you. she was probably gutted when you left early.

well said lipsy... words of wisdom as usual!

and lynx, cute_baby_bear said your trying to hard!
  • Options
    I did try and talk to her, although she ignored me for most the night wouldnt make eye contact or chat to me and kept away from me.

I shoulda put this in the original post but she kept going on about how one of her mates liked me and thats the reason i feel she invited me, im not attracted to her mate at all!!! and said im not attracted to her, just like u aint to me. She replies with quietly 'Well i kinda like another guy'

So i think that kinda makes it obvious she dont like me or want me like every other girl out there. I dont try to hard, im nice and sweet and chatty, dont jump on girls every 2 seconds, i act relaxed so dont appear desperate.

i guess n00b1e is right, be cute and everyone will adore you, but no body will want you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lynx
    I did try and talk to her, although she ignored me for most the night wouldnt make eye contact or chat to me and kept away from me.

I shoulda put this in the original post but she kept going on about how one of her mates liked me and thats the reason i feel she invited me, im not attracted to her mate at all!!! and said im not attracted to her, just like u aint to me. She replies with quietly 'Well i kinda like another guy'
    yes perhaps you should have put that vital information in the original post:)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Rejection again and again and again
    Originally posted by n00b1e
    keep being "cute" and you'll meet tons of gorgeous lovely girls who will adore you. not that they'll be interested. ever.

just a tip. :)
    :yes:

He's totally right. Don't be cute and sweet unless you just want to be friends. Ignore this advice if you look like Brad Pitt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    You can't control the taste of other people. Simple.

You had a thread in "Anything Goes" just recently.
    Aside from the muppets that were being wind-ups, did you follow any of the advice in that?
    I only ask, because some of it seemed quite good.

yeah like get rid of the fuckin curtains. curtains and mullets should be banned from existence.

cute = kiss of death.
  • Options
    'ok. i sed i wish he had introduced me to u wen we were talkin on da net. u sounded really nice. n i was hopin dat wen we met there would be some attraction but dont take dis wrong way coz ur not a minger or anythin like dat but i jus werent n aint attracted to ya. n wen people kept tellin me u were followin me round wit ya eyes n sayin u fancy me etc i gota lil freaked out dats all

wen i was cuddlin ya n flirtin i was kinda drunk. its my fault i shudn't av done it i gave ya da wrong impression etc.'

Well thats what she said on msn. Same as usual, not attractive to anyone. Also told me her friends were telling her i told them all i fancied her at every moment and kept following her around the place, which is a lie as i was staring at my watch the whole time. :( why cant a girl just be attracted to me for once.
  • Options
    It depends what you see as a rejection... I say I've had three rejections in three years (well, two, but after tomorrow it will be three) but i suppose in between there's always been girls who've 'rejected' my offer of a drink or sometihng... it happens so often i think i'm immune to it!

But to me the rejections that hurt are the ones from the girls you really like, and as i say that's happened to me three times now in the last three years. I mean, it really does kill when someone you're holding a candle for for ages just lets you crash and burn...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    I mean, it really does kill when someone you're holding a candle for for ages just lets you crash and burn...

tell me about it man, it feels like you've had your heart ripped out don't it:(
  • Options
    Lynx dude

First of you don't need to say anything to appear desperate, women have this sixth sense thing, like animals detecting fear they just know.

Secondly you are being way too negative, you said no one is attracted to you but you mentioned that this girl said her friend is. Even if you don't like the friend you can still chalk it up as a positive reaction.

Thirdly carry on being her friend if you can, having friends of the opposite sex is a great way of meeting potential gf's. In fact at one stage my female friends were acting like a dating agency between me and their single female friends. ;)