Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Denim skirt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just bought a little denim skirt in the sales for £9 (reduced from £18) and I don't have any idea on what shoes I should wear with it, help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmmm....well I usually wear my little denim skirt with my black Rocket Dog boots, and that looks pretty funky (if I say so myself):rolleyes:

Or some funky chunky trainers would look quite kool I think. I'm not a high-heels during the day kinda person, but if u wore it out at nite some strappy sandals would look fab too! :thumb:

Good luck, sure u'll look stunning!:D :yes: :wave:
    I have the same problem with wearing skirts in the daytime, the only shoes that look any good are my knee high boots. At night it's alright cos you can wear any strappy high shoes. I just stick to wearing jeans in the day :p
    slouch boots and patterned tights.
    Originally posted by lipsy

:yes: thats wat i do
    Originally posted by lipsy

Oooh, I do that, it's loveeeely. :D
    i have some dark red kneehigh boots - very sexy, but i have to wear tights cos i have winter pale legs!
    I have a pair of Knee high boots that I could wear if going out, but in the summer would trainers of flip flops or something look ok?
    Get some second-hand brown cowboy boots, they look good with denim minis with a pair of tights. Not to everyones taste I guess but they're comfy, look good on the right person and are a change from the whole slouch boot look that seems to be eeevvverywhere at the moment.
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Get some second-hand brown cowboy boots, they look good with denim minis with a pair of tights. Not to everyones taste I guess but they're comfy, look good on the right person and are a change from the whole slouch boot look that seems to be eeevvverywhere at the moment.

OMG I WANT COWBOY BOOTS :hyper:

I think they're just the beesknees. :D
    Originally posted by 1983

so do i :D
    Originally posted by 1983

my hubby had a pair of cowboy boots when i first met him, thats why i liked him! they looked gorgeous with the pointy toe and the little heel (under his jeans, not over them)
    I have a pair of Knee high boots that I could wear if going out, but in the summer would trainers of flip flops or something look ok?

I think trainers or flip flops in the summer would look fine with a little denim skirt, people wear those sorts of things all the time :)
    Little cute flipflops would look great! You can get such nice ones in the summer... plus you'll have a nice tan!

At the mo' I'm kind of following suit with the slouchy boots thing...bought a pair of black ones, they're sooooo cosy, but kind of boring now! But my legs are really skinny so I don't wear the skirt much...unless i layer on some tights to fatten them out!

About those cowboy boots...ye I've seen them in mags, but where can I get some?! I don't like the thought of wearing some1's old shoes...
    :no:
    Anyway if anyone can suggest some good places tell me...I'm so bored of being the same!
    Originally posted by Ladybird
    About those cowboy boots...ye I've seen them in mags, but where can I get some?! I don't like the thought of wearing some1's old shoes...

Anyway if anyone can suggest some good places tell me...I'm so bored of being the same!

Cowboy boots tend to look better when they're worn out, I've got an old brown pair that I got in an american vintage warehouse in brick lane in london, but then I also got a pair off ebay which were from office a few years back which are quite nice.
    I don't know anywhere that sells new ones apart from a company called R-soles (they have a website), they're lovely but only if u have a couple of hundred quid to spare! Maybe try those western linedancing shops! :cool:

Theres loaddsss of places in London, all the vintage shops like Rokit have boots. Outside London I dunno, try charity shops and the like. Apparently cowboy boots are coming back into fashion anyway, I'm hoping not cos they'll be evvverywhere but guess we'll wait and see.
    aye, the western look will be in this year. saw it in a vogue magazine thing in topshop.
    in summer sandals or trainers, in winter boots or trainers

or flat shoes
    I bought a pair of black stilletos to wear with my denim skirt for going out, what do you think?