Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help need for a gift idea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need help as I don't have a clue what to get my boyfriend of 10 months for valintines day.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    i dont have any ideas, but if u do come up with any, would u let me know plz, cause im in the same boat lol
  • Options
    Write a poem or something... tuck it inside his card.
  • Options
    Just get him something small and jokey as a mini present, then make sure you can both be alone for a special evening, then turn up (or when he arrives greet him at the door) wearing nothing under a long coat, or wear his fave undies (no, not his pants, I mean the fave lingerie he likes to see you in. If he has any fantasies that you know of, and feel happy to do, then do them. :naughty:

To be honest, I'm crap at presents, and have only once been in a relationship at Valentines Day. :( S'pose that means I'm crap at relationships too? :chin: Anyway, if he hasn't said anything, or given you any idea at all, then don't go overboard. A CD that he hasn't got by a band he likes perhaps. I dunno - told you I was useless. *shrugs*

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Just get him something small and jokey as a mini present, then make sure you can both be alone for a special evening, then turn up (or when he arrives greet him at the door) wearing nothing under a long coat, or wear his fave undies (no, not his pants, I mean the fave lingerie he likes to see you in. If he has any fantasies that you know of, and feel happy to do, then do them. :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)

lol mr_wobble. You know, I think you're obsessed with sex :chin: - good idea though :p. Wouldn't you get bored if that was every valentines day / birthday / xmas tho? Her dressed up in lingerie?
  • Options
    i dunno whether to cook my bf a meal or to leave the romantic stuff up to him, last yr he cooked me a candlelit dinner, i think im gonna get him cd and a silly little devil teddy or sumfin, but apart from that im lost!:confused:
  • Options
    don't spend too much money, it's better to just get him something fun.

for my ex last year i bought him a lil present (cant remember what though) and a jokey present which was a spanky hand from ann summers. it went 'boooiiing' when u spanked. hehe :D
  • Options
    Yeah its best to just get him something small for Valentines day and save the good presents for Christmas and birthdays and stuff :). I bought my boyfriend chocolate and handcuffs before, they do some good little gifts in Ann Summers stores and on the website for that sort of thing. The passionfruit flavoured heat sensitive massage oil from there is pretty good and under a tenner I think, you could make him a nice meal and then give him a massage with candles and stuff? I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

CDs/DVDs are always a good one, especially if they've mentioned something specific they want. Posters are good too if they have them up in their room and there is a specific band or whatever they like.

My boyfriend last year made me a card out of wood and engraved a poem onto the inside of it which was lovely, its good if you can be creative and make, draw/paint or write something original for them as well.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I want to get something like an eternity ring - but not a ring, because he doesn't *do* rings. Hmm.....my minds gone black. Can you get eternity necklaces? A manly one, as well as a feminine one?
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    they do some good little gifts in Ann Summers stores and on the website for that sort of thing. The passionfruit flavoured heat sensitive massage oil from there is pretty good and under a tenner I think

It's good but it's extremely sticky afterwards...Also makes quite a mess if you're not careful...

I have no idea what to get my bloke... I know he's taking me out for a meal, it's also for my 18th the week before... :)

Need some help with ideas tho... im stuck! :(
  • Options
    Well I had an idea on what to get my guy, it's just a little jokey thing but its flavoured body paint that comes with a wheel that you spins that tells you what to do, it's pretty cool. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    oooooh where did u see that. i think thats a well good idea!:D
    there are gonna be boyfriends everywhere gettin chocolate body paint and a little wheel now
  • Options
    Saw it in clintons was £8, you also get things like strip snap and things like that, well cool :D
  • Options
    whats a strip snap? (sorry im just dense lol)
  • Options
    I was thinking somthing along the lines of furry handcuffs but even tho i know it wouldnt freak him out theres always that niggling little doubt there
  • Options
    Strip snap is a card game where you strip lol. Honestly go to clintons they have plenty of cool stuff.
  • Options
    will run up there and have a nosey in a bit. Thanx a lot:D
  • Options
    well listen to this my friend is doin this for valentines day he is inviteing his girl friend ova and his living rooms gonna be all candle lit and hes goin to make or order food and give her her present a think u should do sumthin like that it sounds soooo goood
    ;)
  • Options
    Aww that is so romantic :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth
    What im planning is (and please give me your opinions, tell me if you think its cheesey!)

Going to pick her up from her house in the morning, then tell her im gonna take her for a little drive, then i'll drive her to the seaside, without her knowing.

Then once we are there, we'll go to the beach (heres hoping for a remotely warm day!)
    Then when on the beach i'll unravel a blanket, and get out her favourite sandwiches, and things, and have a nice picnic... im contemplating the idea of telling her to get an ice cream or something, then as she fetches it, bury a rose in the sand, then we dig in a "random spot" and she finds it....
    it does sound sorta nice..but at the same time it makes me feel a bit queasy. it depends if shes that sort of girl, like all romantic n stuff. i like romance but the rose thing would be going too far for me.