Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help, I need some advice!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right, we have a task in school on the computers.

We are new business owners who are setting up a Stationary shop in a town called Mereside. We have a range of sites to choose from to set up our business. I cant for the life of me think of where to situate my business. So could you guys please tell me where to locate? What do you think is the best?

Site 1

There are 2 shops in the units next to you.

A souvenir shop and an AA Centre

The good thing is that you are in the grounds of Mereside castle where there are loads of tourists. You are right in the town centre next to well established businesses. There is a large amount of Parking.

Rent is £625 per month

Site 2

the unit here is brand new in excellent condition

There is a TV rental shop a cafe and a clothes shop next to you
There is a large car park and rent is £900 a month

*SITE 3 IS SHIT COZ IT HAS A STATIONARY SHOP ALREADY BUT IT WAS PUT THERE AS A TRICK*

Site 4

There is a

Fruit shop, Butchers, Insurance building, Cafe, car accesories shop, book shop and clothes shop next to you.

The good thing is that the Mereside #1 Property Centre is right next to you.

ETA:- A few sites need renovation work and that comes at a cost but I will have to add the details later
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pick site A, I doubt there any right or wrong anwsers, as long as you justify your choice.

Bopz
    Site 4. A little shopping precinct is where people would expect your premises to be, plus it allows the stationary shop to be worked into their every day living. Site 1, whilst there may be income from tourists, most locals are unlikely to be aware of its existence, and who the hell goes to a castle to shop, for stationary or otherwise?

T'would be my choice anyway.
    Got to agree with Turtle- the small community shopping precinct has to be the best bet, because it will be the focus of the community. And if someowhere is the focus of a community, more people will be in the vicinty, and that means more customers.

Though, as with all these questions, its not where you choose its how you justify it.
    Yup, IMO Turtle and Kermit are right - for justification, see turtle's answer.
    Yep, site 4.
    Sorry people, but I forgot to add that the site 2 is located in the Tron Shopping Centre with 1,000 parking spaces.
    SIte 4. You're a low order service so people arent likely to travel outside their usual daily routine to visit you. So you locate with other shops to make their trip worthwhile. Passing trade and all that.
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Sorry people, but I forgot to add that the site 2 is located in the Tron Shopping Centre with 1,000 parking spaces.

Why, how big are you planning on making this shop?

*smug at people agreeing with him*
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Why, how big are you planning on making this shop?

Well, you see, the shop units are already made up for you. One had one big front room and a shower room and toilet at the back :eek:

Another one had 3 small rooms and a store room- site 2 I believe.

They are already predefined, that's all part of the choice.
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Well, you see, the shop units are already made up for you. One had one big front room and a shower room and toilet at the back :eek:

Another one had 3 small rooms and a store room- site 2 I believe.

They are already predefined, that's all part of the choice.

No no, was just pointing out that a 1,000 place car park is probably a little excessive - stationary shops only have a few customers at a time, and as already said, it's the kind of thing you'd want in your local shopping area, not have to go out to the mall to find.

Still say Site 4. :)
    Originally posted by Turtle
    No no, was just pointing out that a 1,000 place car park is probably a little excessive - stationary shops only have a few customers at a time, and as already said, it's the kind of thing you'd want in your local shopping area, not have to go out to the mall to find.

Still say Site 4. :)

Thanks Turtle :D
    i'd say site 2, or4.
    purely as they both sounds very good places. Also parking is a very handy thing, if there on there way home from shopping they would call in maybe.
    Also it would be an easy place to find. And think about cheep rent aswell.

( my mum has her shop near a car park, and you'd be suprised how many call in on the way back to the car)

xxxx